Best thing about Jack Rodwell

WNRH said:
Garcia and Natasic you can see have something and you know that given time they will become great players.

So far i have seen nothing of Rodwell that gives me that hope. He will never be a midfielder at our club, time to see what he is like at the back which is his position.
He´s now and will continue to be, Mancini will rather bring Micah in central defense then Rodwell.

Macc said:
Poor pass against Dortmund which led to their goal.

City wouldn’t have bought him if they didn’t see potential.

He has loads of potential. He did stagnated a bit in last year or two but he was fantastic prospect two years ago and there's no team in England at least that wouldn't sign him back then.

I still think he'll make it, he just needs time to get over this crisis and to relax. Fans pressure on him won't help, give the boy some time he just came for God's sake.

chesterbells said:
Feed-The-Goat said:
Give him time to get used to being at a top class club atleast!

(Have a look at where we and Everton are in the table!)

You mean like hazard needed time at Chelsea ? (same age).
If he was gonna be good enough for us - or have the mental toughness needed for us - then don't you think we would have seen just a bit more evidence already? Top players don't always play at their absolute best from day 1 but I'd certainly expect a bit more than Rodwell's shown so far for us.
A competent mid-prem lge standard player for me, which isn't knocking him, cos that's still a brilliant level to reach.

Comparing Hazard to Rodwell? Im i seeing this right?

Rodwell didn't even play 20 games for Everton last year and takes a step up to trying to fit in with our squad after that. Hazard has alot more talent than Rodwell and played a fuck load of games for Lille in Europe also, meaning he has more experience so judging him off how Hazard has settled is fucking stupid.

our two holding mids and our center backs need to have the passing range to find our strikers and AM's, this can involve making that 20 meter pass to feet, cutting right through the opposition midfield. De Rossi does this all day every day and would have been perfect. Pirlo would have been the greatest buy in history if we had been able to pick him up after he left milan. When we failed to buy any of the aforementioned world class players, Mancini had to compromise on certain attributes that make these players what they are in order to find a player. Last season he compromised on the defensive/physical side and picked up Pizzaro, who in little game time managed to impress. This season he has compromised on the passing ability/ball skill/awareness/football Intelligence, and bought Rodwell and Garcia (the latter of which has some competence when he has the time to turn).

My question is, Does Rodwells defensive/physical/youthfulness matter, when he keeps on giving the fucking ball away 5m from our box whilst being the last man?

edit: This is why Barry is so important to us, because he is quiet good at all of the required skills for his position. He's not the best in the world, but there are few players in the world who play that role.

Has anyone seen Esteban Granero play for QPR this season? £9 million.
Mohamed Diamé? FREE
Joe Allen? £15 million.
How on earth does Arturo Vidal goto Juve for €10.5 million?????

Savic' needed an entire season to give away the ball in two crucial games which led to goals. Rodwell has managed it in the first two months of this season. He has some time left to prove himself, but we can all see where this is probably going to end.

nehe11 said:
chesterbells said:
If there's already a thread on this humble apologies etc, but after last nIght I'm just genuinely trying to work out why we bought him. I'm not just thinking of the mistake for the goal but his all round contribution.
I wonder if he's one of those Jenas type players who isn't particularly strong in any aspect. What are is best qualities as a player; in what ways is he 'top4' standard?

For me he's not mobile, not quick, doesn't adopt positions quickly enough to receive the ball, doesn't pass quickly or accurately enough, doesn't have quick feet, doesn't close down quick enough, isn't strong enough in the tackle, and doesn't show enough desire.

Fella near me last night saying he was bought without ever being seen or spoken to by the manager, no idea how true this is.
Oh dear........
Mancini wanted him for 2 years, used to watch him play at Everton, that fella near you clearly diden´t know what he was talking about!!
And some of you need to have a look at yourselves. He´s 21 years old and he´ll make mistakes, Yaya was poor when he first signed so was NDJ and Milner give the lad some time to settle in. Yaya was caught out several times on the ball yesterday and he could of been responsible for 3-4 goals yesterday luckily for him Joe had a great night in goal.

think he could be referring to Sinclair. I remember him interviewed on mcfc website and he said he had not yet spoken or met the manager... weird.

Got bags of potential, and I think he'll turn out to be a smart buy, if he avoids injury. Not quite at our level yet, but we've clearly taken a bit of a punt on a promising young (English) player.

Don't agree that he looked overwhelmed last night, or that he was shitting himself. In fact, the single most promising thing for me was that directly after fucking up he went straight back in and was desperate to get back on the ball. You could see he wanted to put it behind him asap.

Sure, he's made two big mistakes. But it's how he'll react that will be key, and I think he looks like he's got enough about him not to let it affect him. Still a way from being of the standard we need as a first choice midfielder, but I'm hopeful he'll make big strides within a year or so. In the meantime, he's a good back-up for Barry, Yaya and Garcia - better than most of the other top sides have.

He is young, he does have potential, what you don't do though is play young players with potential against Borussia fucking Dortmund .

When he's older and if and when he reaches that potential you play him ffs. Till then leave the lad out, it does him or the team no good whatsoever .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.