Best type of dog

Shouldn't have an issue with aggression (ie pent up energy) if they're being sufficiently exercised, same with any working breed. Seen Labs recommended on here and you'd have the same issue with them unexercised.

That's true. Any dog that size is capable of doing a lot of damage too.
It comes down to us the owners and the training they get at an early age.

We got a rescue lurcher at the start of this year. Brilliant dogs - laze around all day, brilliant with kids and then give you a bloody good bit of exercise every evening. Don't leave a butty on the side though.

We got a rescue lurcher at the start of this year. Brilliant dogs - laze around all day, brilliant with kids and then give you a bloody good bit of exercise every evening. Don't leave a butty on the side though.

I recently lost the second of my two rescue lurchers to serious illness. Age 11. My other went last year at 16, maybe 17. Loved every bone in their bodies.

You have to look forward 12, 15 years when getting a dog, though. Even if I’m still around, I may not be up for long country walks. And Lady Bacon certainly won’t. We already had a Boston Terrier and will get a second Boston to replace the rather bigger lurcher.

I recently lost the second of my two rescue lurchers to serious illness. Age 11. My other went last year at 16, maybe 17. Loved every bone in their bodies.

You have to look forward 12, 15 years when getting a dog, though. Even if I’m still around, I may not be up for long country walks. And Lady Bacon certainly won’t. We already had a Boston Terrier and will get a second Boston to replace the rather bigger lurcher.
We had no intention of getting a dog that size when we went to rescue centre but as they say, he chose us. I'm only mid-30s so be fine for his lifetime, after that I might need to reconsider if we get another dog then

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.