Best type of dog

We got a rescue lurcher at the start of this year. Brilliant dogs - laze around all day, brilliant with kids and then give you a bloody good bit of exercise every evening. Don't leave a butty on the side though.
I have a lurcher and they are brilliant dogs. Loads of dogs out there of all varieties in rescue centres and at RSPCA which is where anyone after a dog should go. Sadly too many people just want to be seen to be spending cash on the latest ‘designer’ dog just for a humourous name (cockapoo, labradoodle etc etc) and some insta snaps and all they get for that is a mongrel and usually a neglected pet which needs more care than they intended to ever invest in it.

German pointer or Springer spaniel.

Those cnuts keep you fit.

Unlike many I have absolutely no issue with cats. They take of themselves although when they want something you most certainly know about it.

Have a tabby and a tux. Chalk and cheese. Also have a springer.

You can imagine the household although I have to say the wife is still by far and away the most difficult to manage.

I have a lurcher and they are brilliant dogs. Loads of dogs out there of all varieties in rescue centres and at RSPCA which is where anyone after a dog should go. Sadly too many people just want to be seen to be spending cash on the latest ‘designer’ dog just for a humourous name (cockapoo, labradoodle etc etc) and some insta snaps and all they get for that is a mongrel and usually a neglected pet which needs more care than they intended to ever invest in it.
Agreed there - we were very determined to make sure we got a rescue - he's got such a lovely nature and he was already house trained too, which was a bonus!

Got a Parsons Russell Terrier. Jealous as feck, can't cuddle up to wife without her getting in between us, or humping my leg.
Have to get her clipped every 5-6 wks as her coat is like wire, barks at the slightest noise, can walk for hours, great with older kids.
If me n wife want any " intamacy ", have to block stairs off or she's crying outside bedroom door, very off-putting is that, I tell you...
Despite all her faults, she's a very loving, faithful dog and quite a character...love her to bits...

Border Collie.

Intelligent, loyal, sociable, keen to learn.

And you’ll never have trouble with sheep in your garden again.

I love my Lhasa Apso ....... best warning dog I have had and so friendly ..... anyone comes within 20 feet of the door he lets us know ...way to go Mocha :)

251776_10150250584021099_8043687_n.jpg

Suggest op buys a decent dog breed book and select one based on you lifestyle. Wish my wife had read more before she brought home a Manchester terrier. Lovely dog and a great family dog but completely mental as anything. We like going on long walks and it can go either one of two ways when he's had enough he will just stop on refuse to move and have on several times had to carry him back or he will run off and refuse to comeback and can take upto an hour to catch him. But wouldn't swap him for anything
We've got a 7 year old Manchester terrier. Absolutely stunning dog. Everyone comments on him when he's out on walks. They all think he's a miniature doberman. He's happy to just sit on the settee all day or go chasing a ball about for hours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.