Best & worst performance of the season?

SuperYaya said:
jimharri said:
SuperYaya said:
Best - Arsenal at home
Worst - Chelsea at home or Cardiff away
A bit harsh, that. Chelsea were very good that night and simply didn't allow us to play. Sometimes you simply have to hold up your hands and say; ''fair do's''. The Wigan no-show must be up there near the top of the ''shite performances'' list. And maybe the home game against the Mackems as well. Re. the best; Hull away has to be up there. To grind out a 2-0 win, with only 10 men, and when we weren't at our sparkling best, was a massive (sniff!) result.

We were at home and are the best team in the league. We were outplayed to the point where I barely remember us having a sniff. That shouldn't happen, some of it was a tactical failure too.
"barely remember us having a sniff" ? - Silva had two glorious chances, one in each half. Also we had three key players out - Nasri,Fern and Kun, Chavs had a full strength side out.

Len Rum said:
SuperYaya said:
jimharri said:
A bit harsh, that. Chelsea were very good that night and simply didn't allow us to play. Sometimes you simply have to hold up your hands and say; ''fair do's''. The Wigan no-show must be up there near the top of the ''shite performances'' list. And maybe the home game against the Mackems as well. Re. the best; Hull away has to be up there. To grind out a 2-0 win, with only 10 men, and when we weren't at our sparkling best, was a massive (sniff!) result.

We were at home and are the best team in the league. We were outplayed to the point where I barely remember us having a sniff. That shouldn't happen, some of it was a tactical failure too.
"barely remember us having a sniff" ? - Silva had two glorious chances, one in each half. Also we had three key players out - Nasri,Fern and Kun, Chavs had a full strength side out.

We still got rinsed though Len.

Best Rags away...just demolished them

Worse... Cardiff away, conceding 3 very sloppy goals

Best. Villa home . Immense pressure against a wall of claret and kept our philosophy.
Worst Wigan fa cup. Watching them against qpr yesterday it's jaw dropping that we lost at home to them.

Spurs away
Wigan at home

Aguero was on fire at Spurs. Would have walked the League had he stayed fit, and possibly knocked Barcelona out too.

He got back in the team, but never got the run of games to get him back at quite the same level

Wigan away was the worst by some distance in my view. We looked complacent and only started playing when we were two down. If we hadn't won the league this defeat would still rankle with me.

Best performance - Because of what was at stake and the fact that they are (were) our bogey team I would have to say Everton. With this game we had to win and that's what we did.

Revolver said:
Wigan away was the worst by some distance in my view. We looked complacent and only started playing when we were two down. If we hadn't won the league this defeat would still rankle with me.

Best performance - Because of what was at stake and the fact that they are (were) our bogey team I would have to say Everton. With this game we had to win and that's what we did.
Everton away was one of the key results. It was like Newcastle away in 2011/12 but I don't think we played great football. It was the moment though that I think gave the fans and probably the team the belief that we are going to do this

Best Home:
- Arses, they were champions elect, their media were wankin' about them and the tarquins were utterly smug and despicable as ever; but the mighty blues put 6 up their sad sorry arses.
- Villa, this was how a champions side overcome a tenacious hurdle, and that Yaya goal.

Best Away:
- Hull, an epic game where Martin and Merlin showed their leadership; that David goal and Micho's superb defence line command.
- Everton, a bogey team defeated, classy toffees , their classless neighbours suffering and that qué será será song
- Bayern, Merlin and Milner, though in the long run this may have harmed City's chance in the FA Cup when Pelle sorted his priorities.

Best neutral ground:
- Wemberleh against Sunderland, League Cup Final trophy and that Yaya goal.

Worst Home:
- Wigan, an opportunity wasted, but credit to Uwe.
- Bayern, Pelle preferred style over tactics, lesson learnt though.
- Rags, why the fook put the foot off the gas at 4 nil? should have been ten and a better GD.

Worst Away:
- Cardiff, Villa and Chewsea, mistakes and blunders a la carte.
- Rags, why the fook just 3 nil? should have been fookin 10.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.