Best & worst performance of the season?

Best performance, Everton away - the pressure was on, and forget the crap about Everton losing to deny Liverpool the title, I was in the Park End (I have some bluenose mates who always get me a seat there), there was pure venom and will to win coming from their fans that day. The Everton side probably had the lion's share of possession but we broke up their attacks in the final third of the pitch.
We were more incisive, and although you could tell some of our side were carrying injuries, we out thought and out fought them. I must have been at the last 10 of our games at woodenson (the half timbered stadium), and this was our best performance there, and our best this season.

Worst, I'll have to say the cup loss to Wigan, but that did free us up to concentrate on the league, so maybe a blessing in disguise.

Away at Spurs was different planet, first half especially. Chelsea home in the cup was sublime.

The away defeats were more frustrating/unlucky rather than plain poor. Sunderland at home wasn't great - they were good though.

Can we look any further for best performance than beating the champions of Europe on their own patch?

And for the worst did it get any worse than losing to Wigan on our own patch?

Chris in London said:
Can we look any further for best performance than beating the champions of Europe on their own patch?

And for the worst did it get any worse than losing to Wigan on our own patch?

^
I thank you and I was at both!

Best - David Moyes superb destruction of the Rags
Worst - Steve Gerrard Gerrard...... (for the Dippers that is ;-))

Amazing to think that apart from the great performance of our boys the other two heroes were the Rags manager and the Dippers Captain.

They brought me SO much joy this season!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.