Best/Worst performances of the decade

I seem to recall the first half at home to Napoli in 2017 was sensational. Should have been 4 or 5 up at halftime.

The pressing and intensity was from another planet. I think De Bruyne hit the bar with a wonderful effort from a great team move that would have been one of the best goals I have ever witnessed. The game itself rather petered out second half with City winning it 2-1.

The 0-1 away to Chlesea when they were champions was a real statement. Twatting the scouse maggots 5-0 game me endless joy.

Worst - well, there's a few. Away to Everton 4-0. The loss at home to Leicester when they won the league. The Cup Final against Wigan was just fucking miserable. The semi-final loss the Real over the 2 legs was limp and pathetic.

Best Individual performance - He's had many of course but in the last decade one match lingers on for me, 22 year old Messi against Zaragoza in 2010, absolutely unplayable & utterly ruthless in every action on the pitch

Best Team Performance - 2011 CL Final

Last edited:
Inspired by a post I've just seen on twitter about the worst performances.

Worst Individual Performance - Kolarov (a) to Southampton. One of the few times I've seen a player give up in terms of ability and effort. I remember being fuming after that match and never wanting him to put on a City shirt again.

Best Individual performance - A lot harder as I haven't thought about this one. Off the top of my head, first 2 that have sprung to mind are Yaya (a) to Newcastle and De Bruyne (h) to Stoke. Sure I'm missing a lot more. Hart (h) to Dortmund another decent shout.

Best Team Performance - Barcelona (H) under Pep. The 6-1 of course. Stoke (H) also a decent shout.

Worst Team Performance - Southampton (a) was a shocker in Pellegrini's last season and the worst for me. Either Semi-Final game Vs Real Madrid. Everton or Leicester (a) in Pep's first season weren't good. Liverpool (a) in the Champions League.

Great shout for all of those.

That Kolarov 'performance' though..... truly despicable. He permanently lost a huge chunk of the fanbase over that one IMO. I'll never forget that casual stroll through the park he was taking as they broke to score.

That was a poor one, indeed. I'd also want to put the 1-4 at home to Liverpool in November 2015 up there amongst our worst. The team was collectively dreadful. It was also clear that it was the beginning of the end for both Pellegrini, and Yaya.

This was a shocking game, freezing cold as well. The best bit was the man sitting next to me (who didn’t normally sit there), had a blanket and he shared it with me in the second half. Didn’t actually help much but was a nice gesture!

There was one game, no idea when or who against but Tevez just never stopped.... It was a draw all over and he just went on some mad run and scored....

Best performance
The Sick Swan is an obvious contender but there is also the games v Monaco at home in the CL and Spurs last season in the CL (despite being robbed)

Worst - toss up between Everton or Leicester away.
Best - too many to mention spurs away 5 - 1, Utd away 6 -1.
Which spurs away 5-1? We've done it twice in the past decade. Missed the first one on the August bank holiday weekend 2011-12; but was there for the night game 2013-14. They must have loved us in 2013-14 as we dicked them 6-0 at home and 5-1 away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.