Bets on Arsenal

wait what? you’re just likely to lose £500

He’s saying the value of City winning is worth more than £500 to him.

We don’t like to admit it but pretty much every fan alive would have a number that they would accept in exchange for City losing.

For some it is probably a lot. I don’t think I’d even entertain less than £10k but then it’d start to become a bit of a dilemma, especially if my wife was involved.

Odds on a City win at Spurs are 1.41 at Betfair.

You could 'lay' that - if either Spurs win or draw, you win that bet.

If you 'layed' that for £1200 your liability would be £500 (same as a £500 bet). If Spurs won/drew that match you would take £1140 home profit after commission.

Arsenal odds to win the league are 3.5 at mo (5/2 in old money).
So a £500 bet on that at Betfair Ex would profit you £1187.5 (after commision)

Either of those two ways have libaility of a £500 bet on the table though, so could lose £500. (you could hedge or dutch it, but the profits would be small - like 1%)

Arsenal to win the league 5/2 so £500 would return £1750 (£1250 profit).
Spurs win or draw 2/1 so £500 would return £1000 (£500 profit).
If you’re going to do spurs win/draw add arsenal to beat Everton and do it as a double

Reactions: PPT
He’s saying the value of City winning is worth more than £500 to him.

We don’t like to admit it but pretty much every fan alive would have a number that they would accept in exchange for City losing.

For some it is probably a lot. I don’t think I’d even entertain less than £10k but then it’d start to become a bit of a dilemma, especially if my wife was involved.
It’s an emotional bet. Effectively insurance against losing. Which I entirely understand. If that is the case (and it might not be) then the 9/2 draw no bet is where the value is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.