Big away day attendances of the past.

Josh Blue

Team all around the country were taking much bigger away following around the country compared to what they do now, just wondering if any has any figures of some of Citys most impressive turn outs?

All guesswork from years ago.

Our following at Blackburn in 2000 must have been 12000 plus.

Notts county away 1985 - 12000 ish

Rags Fa Cup 1-0 loss early 90's - 15000

Can't think of any other really big numbers at games I was at but Huddersfield, sheff wed and Oldham would always be 6000 plus and rags 10,000 ish

Yes, Stoke was a regular 10,000+ following in those days, as were most trips to Elland Rd in the 70s, probably more like 15,000 for the riot Cup tie in 1978. On the other hand the away following could vary wildly, it wasn't thousands at every game, sometimes it would be no more than a couple of hundred at a long distance midweek match.

Oldham, notts county in 80's must have been 10,000. Stoke boxing day, 12,000

Kippaxsteps said:
Boxing day at Stoke must have been a big number

Stoke on boxing day 1988, followed a few weeks later with a similar number at Oldham (1-0 Megson). Everton away in the league cup '87 was good - we had the standing and seats in the usual away end, plus the whole of the 3rd tier of the main stand

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
All guesswork from years ago.

Our following at Blackburn in 2000 must have been 12000 plus.

Notts county away 1985 - 12000 ish

Rags Fa Cup 1-0 loss early 90's - 15000

Can't think of any other really big numbers at games I was at but Huddersfield, sheff wed and Oldham would always be 6000 plus and rags 10,000 ish

I'd put Blackburn at closer to 20000 if you count the number of CITY in the home seats and the epic warriors on the hill.

Still one of my favourite away days ever!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.