Big July Announcement

grunge said:
cleavers said:
andrewmswift said:
It was a mistake for the club to build this up so high.
They didn't "build this up so high", they just sent an email to people getting them to sign up. Its people on this thread have built it up to something it probably isn't.

Just by saying "Big announcement" its building expectations. the thing is for us, now, a "big announcement" is something that will be seen as being a massive thing as we are used to massive announcements.
fry%2Bas%2Bjeeves%2B2.jpg

cleavers said:
andrewmswift said:
They didn't "build this up so high", they just sent an email to people getting them to sign up. Its people on this thread have built it up to something it probably isn't.

Sending out an email with the subject of "Be the first to hear our big announcement..." five days in advance (if it does come out today) is by definition building something up high

andrewmswift said:
cleavers said:
andrewmswift said:

Sending out an email with the subject of "Be the first to hear our big announcement..." five days in advance (if it does come out today) is by definition building something up high
I'd disagree, how many people actually got the email ? I know I've got two separate email addresses lodged with City, as well as my son having one, and we didn't get this email. It also wasn't on the website to my knowledge. I'd say it was much more likely to have been a targetted marketing ploy.

I've no idea what this announcemount will be, but I'm betting its going to lead to a lot of underwhelmed over expectant people.

The Big Announcement - I got it...

[bigimg]http://www.khiewchanta.com/images/est-cola.jpg[/bigimg]

From Tomorrow's Daily Mail...

"City Ruining Kids Teeth"

Re: The Big Announcement - I got it...

cola, cola-cola, cola-cola, cola cola Toure!
ya-ya, ya-ya ya-yaaa, ya-ya ya-yaaa, ya-ya, ya-ya Toure...

cleavers said:
andrewmswift said:

True that. And how can you say the club/marketing dept made a mistake here?
This has caused a LOT of interest towards the club, lots of "clicks" to the club website etc.. where they're advertising new kits etc etc. not to mention they've got plenty of people to sign up to their newsletters (adverts) by giving their details & email addresses.

and, the club left the content of their "BIG" announcement very open so there's nothing to lose here

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.