Big Mal and Mercer Banner

C1TY4LIFE said:
Alright Blues,

Little update, Ric has had permission from the club for a banner.

Now you all have been very patient and I thank you all, but now the second stage is done (banner ideas) thanks to nijinsky and his top notch banner creating you can view all his ideas on <a class="postlink" href="http://www.theboysinblue.co.uk/images/bluemoon/light_68.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theboysinblue.co.uk/images/b ... ght_68.jpg</a>.

Ric will be getting the go ahead from the club very soon hopefully and we can then get a collection going for a new banner hopefully for the Arsenal game.

Once again thank you for your patience blues and lets make Sunday a day Malcolm and Joe would be really proud of.

Upwards and Onwards
Ashley

Nice! Well done Nijinsky and well done Ashleigh

Personally I like banner 1, even though it isn't blue.

One question.. is it meant to say There is a light that will never go out? The Smiths song which I assume it is a take on is called There is a light that never goes out.

Quality work either way.

1 and 4 are both quality. How about trying out solid blue text on No. 1 just to see what it'd look like?

Would also be good to keep the text the same as The Smiths song, but top quality work all the same.

If you set a PayPal up, I'll happily donate.

I think this is a brilliant idea but wondered if instead of the comment about a light never going out we should have a quote from either Joe or Mal about their relationship or success?

I haven't got too much time at the moment to search but what about something like:

"We won everything but the Grand National" (Joe Mercer)
"I think we have the right combination" (Joe, July 1965 - right at the start, on the day he brought Malcolm to join him at City)
"I knew we had a chance with City. It was irresistable" (Joe, late 60s)
"We have not done too badly winning everything we have gone in for" (Joe, Nov 1970)
"The first 5 years were phenomenal, they were absolutely marvellous" (Mal)
"We started right from grass roots, and took them to the top. That is real achievement." (Mal)
"We had a great relationship" (Mal)
"It was the perfect combination" (Francis Lee)
"This is just the beginning of a bright, new era for Manchester City" (Joe in May 68 after winning the title.

All the Malcolm quotes came from an interview I did with him in 1993.

There is a light said:
One of these with turned into a black stencil image on a plain blue background would look quality and would be a lasting tribute from the fans. This could easily be arranged.

zunub6.jpg

23rpyed.jpg

This has made me cry...............and im 51yrs. So many Memories. We WILL REMEMBER THEM.

I like option 4 and I'd willingly donate for the banner when you get pay-pal.

Some good quotes there Gary, "We won everything but the Grand National" he did some good ones in his later years like "I love this club" which cuts me up every time I hear it.

Kirkstall Blue said:
I like option 4 and I'd willingly donate for the banner when you get pay-pal.

Some good quotes there Gary, "We won everything but the Grand National" he did some good ones in his later years like "I love this club" which cuts me up every time I hear it.

Actually, and maybe this should be something for a different discussion, both Joe and Mal had some wonderful quotes. There's a long one by Joe which ended "Football Is My Life" and there's Mal's "Fortune Favours The Brave". Both of these are worth highlighting within the stadium.

As I said earlier, I don't have enough time at the moment to search out quotes (anybody with a copy of my "Joe Mercer, OBE: Football With A Smile" can post any quotes they can find).

How about a simple quote under each/at the side of each head - Joe's could be "Football Is My Life" or even "Football With A Smile" and Mal's could be "Fortune Favours The Brave". They sort of typify the approach of the two men and are worthy quotes for us all moving forward with the new-look City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.