Big Mal and Mercer Banner

Gary James said:
How about a simple quote under each/at the side of each head - Joe's could be "Football Is My Life" or even "Football With A Smile" and Mal's could be "Fortune Favours The Brave". They sort of typify the approach of the two men and are worthy quotes for us all moving forward with the new-look City.
That would be great

Can we have an update as to where we contribute to this. Would love to show my support, and has anyone mentioned putting "Next Stop Mars" on the banner

Malc and Mercer's Blue White Army. These two are legends. I named my pet turtles after them. It's a running theme, with my Jack Russell Bell after Colin, and hamster Bellamy!

Number four is my favourite I would like to see images of the trophies they won and the years they were won

3 is my personal favourite, but a great design eitherway!!

I too would prefer to see something more personal on the flag, i.e. one or two of their famous quotes.

With the volume of people willing to contribute I would love to see the banner up for the Arsenal game, although time is of the essence.

The following home game is the derby and I'd love to see any remaining money used for a large flag, dropped from the family stand, facing their fans. Big Mal would have loved this to wind the reds up. I like the idea from a previous flag design of Joe and Mal "Who is laughing now", however my idea is a large silhouette of the famous image of Big Mal holding up 3 fingers infront of the Stretford End.

I'll happily donate for any idea to show our love for the big man.<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:32 pm --<br /><br />
Gearsy said:
3 is my personal favourite, but a great design eitherway!!

I too would prefer to see something more personal on the flag, i.e. one or two of their famous quotes.

With the volume of people willing to contribute I would love to see the banner up for the Arsenal game, although time is of the essence.

The following home game is the derby and I'd love to see any remaining money used for a large flag, dropped from the family stand, facing their fans. Big Mal would have loved this to wind the reds up. I like the idea from a previous flag design of Joe and Mal "Who is laughing now", however my idea is a large silhouette of the famous image of Big Mal holding up 3 fingers infront of the Stretford End.

I'll happily donate for any idea to show our love for the big man.

JUST FOUND OUT I WAS LIED TO!!! THE 3 FINGERS WAS FOR PALACE AT CHELSEA, ITS A PALACE THING APPARENTLY! NOW I KNOW WHY I DON'T READ NATIONAL NEWSPAPERS!!

Bump. The one with 'Mercer' and 'Allison' in maroon would stand out better.

Id just have the slogan "Joe Mercer came we played the game..."

Any true blues would know the song, but it wouldnt be obvious to others...

"We won everything but the Grand National" that is a brilliant quote for a banner, especially as people are accusing us of having no history and never winning anything. Having Mercer and Alison on a banner with this quote dispells both of those myths.

The quote is also more personal to them. I appreciate The Smiths are from Manchester, but to the best of my knowledge Morrissey has no affinity with the club although I know Johnny Marr is a blue. It's a great lyric but personally I think the Grand National quote is more personal to Mercer and Alison and reflects their outstanding acheivments at the club.

Just a quick update, the banner is being made as we speak.

Sadly, due to time contraints (we wanted the banner ready for Sunday) and issues of practicality we've not been able to implement nijinsky's great designs, which is a shame, but the wording is the same and still has the picture of Mercer and Allison.

It's 15m x 1.2m, and should be up on Sunday, on Level 2 of the Colin Bell Stand.

Ric said:
Just a quick update, the banner is being made as we speak.

Sadly, due to time contraints (we wanted the banner ready for Sunday) and issues of practicality we've not been able to implement nijinsky's great designs, which is a shame, but the wording is the same and still has the picture of Mercer and Allison.

It's 15m x 1.2m, and should be up on Sunday, on Level 2 of the Colin Bell Stand.

Is there a preview we can see please Ric? And Kudos to all involved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.