Big news I heard last night....

Kazzydeyna said:
My two penn'arth....

From being a confirmed Mancini-inner as I thought he was by far the best man for the job, I am now a Mancini-inner for the simple reason that I do not wish to see the carnage that would ensue if we were to sack ANOTHER manager.

Another £1-200 million to be spent. More highly paid players to be farmed out on loan, strengthening our rivals. More difficulty making the FFPR.

However......

If we manage to stumble over the line this year into 4th I would need to see a major step-change in Mancini's tactics and general outlook next season.

Like most on here I am frustrated and disillusioned with the turgid, frightened, tippy-tappy sideways and backwards football we have been served up this year.

Teams have sussed us and as many have said we have no plan B.

Playing this way in the CL would see us go out in the group stage and be back in the Europa. You need speed of play and thought to succeed in european football and we seem to have had all of ours coached out of us.

For me we HAVE to give him until the end of the season.

If we don't make top four I'd find it difficult to defend keeping him. If we do (and I think we still will) then I'd certainly advocate giving him until at least Xmas next season.

The other thing is we are in danger of allowing the media to manage our club for us. How many England managers have Custis, Woolnough et al got the sack simply in order to increase their circulation?

They've been trying to do Bobby in since he was appointed. NOT because they care about City. Or the fans. Or the "good of football". But because they want another chance to slag City off (and their brown-skinned, muslim owners of course - that's these cnut's REAL agenda I'm convinced of it).

As for Mourinho? I'd love him in one way - He wouldn't let the FA and Media shaft us without a fight. However, I sense a Howard Kendal moment when the Rags job comes up.

i agree with all of this...my thoughts exactly

Kazzydeyna said:
My two penn'arth....

From being a confirmed Mancini-inner as I thought he was by far the best man for the job, I am now a Mancini-inner for the simple reason that I do not wish to see the carnage that would ensue if we were to sack ANOTHER manager.

Another £1-200 million to be spent. More highly paid players to be farmed out on loan, strengthening our rivals. More difficulty making the FFPR.

However......

If we manage to stumble over the line this year into 4th I would need to see a major step-change in Mancini's tactics and general outlook next season.

Like most on here I am frustrated and disillusioned with the turgid, frightened, tippy-tappy sideways and backwards football we have been served up this year.

Playing this way in the CL would see us go out in the group stage and be back in the Europa. You need speed of play and thought to succeed in european football and we seem to have had all of ours coached out of us.

If we don't make top four I'd find it difficult to defend keeping him. If we do (and I think we still will) then I'd certainly advocate giving him until at least Xmas next season.

The other thing is we are in danger of allowing the media to manage our club for us. How many England managers have Custis, Woolnough et al got the sack simply in order to increase their circulation?

They've been trying to do Bobby in since he was appointed. NOT because they care about City. Or the fans. Or the "good of football". But because they want another chance to slag City off (and their brown-skinned, muslim owners of course - that's these cnut's REAL agenda I'm convinced of it).

As for Mourinho? I'd love him in one way - He wouldn't let the FA and Media shaft us without a fight. However, I sense a Howard Kendal moment when the Rags job comes up.

Some very good points here.

DSonBlue said:
We will finish top four this season.

We will beat Utd next month and win the FA Cup.

We will sign Pastore and Ashley Young in the summer.

We will run the PL title race right down to the wire next season (and win?)

..and hopefully do well in the Champions League (Semis?).

And you will all bum Mancini.

cheers.

If that happens then everyone will be pleased as punch. I've been a "Mancini Inner" (?) since he first arrived and have defended him since day one, but you cannot help but notice the slide we've gone through.

I think everyone on here wants Mancini to succeed (success for him = success for us after all) but during this past month he's looked like a manager who has run out of ideas yet is unwilling to change a system that clearly has been sussed out.

People keep referring to 4th but it's 3rd they want. No trophies and 4th place finish could mean Mancini's job will be under review. No trophies and 5th means i feel he'll be dismissed in May.

Knowing our luck, Spurs will somehow fluke the Champions League, finish fifth and we'll end up in the Ropey League again. Need to come out all guns blazing v Spurs.

Andouble said:
Ragnarok said:
IF Jose fails at City , i would imagine that there would be mass suicides.

if Jose came and failed at City, the club truly is cursed.

If Jose fails at City, i'll have no other choice but to get to my knees, light candles and offer sacrifices to have the curses removed.

Mikecini said:
Kazzydeyna said:
My two penn'arth....

However......

Some very good points here.

agreed, some great points, we can't really go wrong cos the only way we'd make a change is for someone out of the very top drawer, if he stays and learns from this season we'd do ok next year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.