Big Nige Dropped From Dutch Squad {merged}

munster said:
gooney said:
Van Marwijk said: "I've seen the pictures. It was a wild and unnecessary offence. He went in much too hard.

"It is unfortunate, especially since he does not need to do it.

"The funny thing is that the referee did not even show a yellow card for it. Apparently, there are other standards.

"But I have a problem with the way Nigel needlessly looks to push the limit.
----------------------------------

Thats the problem with De Jong. He goes in hard when he doesnt have to, some people think you can go in as hard as you want as long as you get some of the ball

Good grief; what would Souness in his pomp say about all of this? Without wishing to speak out of turn, ITS a MAN's (physical) GAME!!
I hate that say. We all know its a mans game, so why say it unless you are implying men are hard and its allright for them to kick the hell out of each other. The logic being against discussing this matter is like me saying whats the point of discussing traffic accident, they will always happen, so why bother to decrease them.

De Jong broke a japaneese guys ankle, then Holden, then made a shocking tackle against Denmark, then karate kicked alonso, and now done ben arfa. Are we always just gonna say move on its a mans game. How about teaching him better tackling tackles? Teach him to choose his moments when he tackles and not always go as hard as he possibly can? Or is that anti men?

De Jong goes in hard but he always, always goes in to win the ball. You won't find a fairer player in the league than Nigel. I remember a few months ago he said in an interview that he would have to be careful with his tackling and to his credit how many times has he been sent off for City?

Maybe TalkSport should focus their attention on players like Cattermole, Scholes and Henry.

gooney said:
munster said:
Good grief; what would Souness in his pomp say about all of this? Without wishing to speak out of turn, ITS a MAN's (physical) GAME!!
I hate that say. We all know its a mans game, so why say it unless you are implying men are hard and its allright for them to kick the hell out of each other. The logic being against discussing this matter is like me saying whats the point of discussing traffic accident, they will always happen, so why bother to decrease them.

De Jong broke a japaneese guys ankle, then Holden, then made a shocking tackle against Denmark, then karate kicked alonso, and now done ben arfa. Are we always just gonna say move on its a mans game. How about teaching him better tackling tackles? Teach him to choose his moments when he tackles and not always go as hard as he possibly can? Or is that anti men?

OMG!Spoken like a true woman.

If Ben Arfa hadnt pulled out he wouldnt have broken his leg as it wouldnt have been standed and got stuck in the turf.

Its sad for the lad but what are you going to do its what happens in football.

Re: Big Nige Dropped {merged}

Ricster said:
shadowplay said:
Go and look up the word reckless in a dictionary, consider the definition contained in it and then ask yourself the question again. I think you'll find that entering into a full blooded challenge when you cannot exercise control over your momentum fits the description of reckless perfectly.

I'm a big fan of Nigel and the tackle he made on Saturday was no different than the ones he made frequently against Chelsea that earned him all the plaudits in the media last week. Having said that, if a reckless tackle is one that is disregardful or indifferent to the potential consequences of it then, no doubt about it, Nigel's a reckless tackler.

I love his effort, will to win and disagree with those who say he can only pass sideways. But I also agree with those who believe that he needs to reign it in a bit sometimes. In my opinion he didn't have to make that tackle on saturday but he did so because he was "laying down a marker".

Banning him from the squad is ridiculous though, he's obviously being made a scapegoat as the Dutch try and re-build their reputation after the world cup final.

Well we might as well ban football for being a reckless sport. Thats a shite view on it. That means every tackle is a reckless tackle then cos its not as if anyone is able to control a tackle unless we're talking about tackling with the force of dipping a toe into a bath.

Ban football, ITS RECKLESS!

..or, alternatively, ban ricster for consistently demonstrating the football understanding and general IQ of a pool ball.

Totnes Blue said:
gooney said:

OMG!Spoken like a true woman.

Are you referring to his post or yours?

Oops I smelll a
hypocrite.jpg

The manager of the dirtiest team and father in of the biggest thug in world football hmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the Dutch manager has been Scmoking too much of the grassy substance to come out with the comments that he has.
The tackle was a fair challenge ive seen Scholes do worse, it is unfortunate that Ben Arfa broke his leg but there is no way De Jong mean't to do that to him.

Paul Scholes - 3 yellows this season. Media fawning all over him and claiming he should have been in the WC.
NDJ - 2 yellows this season, and now a scapegoat for the Dutch butchers World Cup performances.

You couldn't make this crap up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.