Big Nige Dropped From Dutch Squad {merged}

I'm getting sick of all the (negative) attention he's getting over here in The Netherlands, about how he purposely tries to harm other players, right.... And about his "karate kick" at the world cup being attempted murder. He's a damn Dutch international, and has performed great, why the hell does no one give him some support, it's ridiculous.

If he played for Arsenal it would go down as an unfortunate accident.

interpol said:
Paul Scholes - 3 yellows this season. Media fawning all over him and claiming he should have been in the WC.
NDJ - 2 yellows this season, and now a scapegoat for the Dutch butchers World Cup performances.

You couldn't make this crap up.
The media and other fans have an agenda with us, if its because they are jealous it is pretty pathetic.

Imagine if Ben Arfa hadn't of been injured, everyone would be seeing this as a strong but fair challenge.

It was unfortunate that his trailing leg was caught and I wish the lad a full recovery sooner rather than later but it does stagger how many baboons we have following football who think it is (secretly) a non-contact sport.

If they don't like it, fuck off and watch the golf or another non-contact sport.

Gerrard does this regularly, never a word.

gerrard-assault.gif

It truly is disgusting beyond belief. I wish every media parasite in this country would meet up for one of their champagne get-togethers and for their aristocratic location of choice to burn down with each of those wastes of life trapped inside.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d75BjzlheKQ[/youtube]

I really rate and appriciate Nigel, but It´s getting a bit silly when the majority of you can´t see that he is doing a bit to many reckless tackles. And i´m not only talking about the leg-breakers, almost every game he comes in a tackle studs first. I think thats the difference between Nigel and for example Van Bommel.

I´m not saying van bommel is a better player, but he`s a "cleaner" player.

RocknRonkan said:

I really rate and appriciate Nigel, but It´s getting a bit silly when the majority of you can´t see that he is doing a bit to many reckless tackles. And i´m not only talking about the leg-breakers, almost every game he comes in a tackle studs first. I think thats the difference between Nigel and for example Van Bommel.

van bommel is much slyer and much dirtier, De Jong made 2 bad tackles, is vilified, but sunday's was a great tackle and an unfortunate injury, how are you mean to tackle without your foot coming first btw?

actually i have to say i agree with Bert van Marwijk... we would be up in arms if some dutch thug playing for man U for example crippled Adam Johnson, particularly when De Jongs record is plain and clear for all to see. the club have enough resources these days to not have to resort to such tactics, i feel for Ben Arfur and Newcastle (a club we have crossed swords with so many times in varying states of mutual disarray) and I hope the club at least privately, do something about it. we talk about ben arfurs bad luck, but having seen de Jongs boot almost penetrating the chest of alonso in the world cup final, i would say he's lucky he's not up for manslaughter.

LoveCity said:
Gerrard does this regularly, never a word.

gerrard-assault.gif
And this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFhmUbHbW2o[/youtube]

With not a hint of retrospective video evidence.Was he booked for these offences? Did the referee see either?

Cheadle Blue said:
crazy really when you look at what gerrard and terry get away with every week.

Hollands loss, our gain, simples!

I agree 100% with the first statement. I don't think this will be to our gain though, every single ref will now have it in for De Jong.

RocknRonkan said:

Sorry, but how do you claim that hes doing "leg-breakers" when he`s never been sent off,against your stupid comment ??? !!!
Studs first !!!!!!!!!!!
Which game was this ??
Van Bommel is a thug of the highest order.
NDJ is feared because of his tennacity and never pulling back from any sort of tackle.
He`s been sent off how many times in the PL ???
Unlike Roy Keane against Alfie H. he nevers goes out to destroy an opponents carreer !!

oakiecokie said:
RocknRonkan said:

Sorry, but how do you claim that hes doing "leg-breakers" when he`s never been sent off,against your stupid comment ??? !!!
Studs first !!!!!!!!!!!
Which game was this ??
Van Bommel is a thug of the highest order.
NDJ is feared because of his tennacity and never pulling back from any sort of tackle.
He`s been sent off how many times in the PL ???
Unlike Roy Keane against Alfie H. he nevers goes out to destroy an opponents carreer !!

Yep. But as previous posters said it is only that Van Bommel was married to the coach's daughter that he hasn't been dropped and up until the World cup final De Jong discipline was good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.