Big one still looming?

I was fortunate enough to meet Ferran Soriano today, and asked him directly. He said that our business was done now, and spoke in glowing terms about the quality of our squad. He seemed sincere about no more signings, but then again he's unlikely to divulge any highly sensitive transfer dealings to an indiscrete berk like me.

uh oh, that means we go into the season with just three recognized CBs. If we made just one more transfer, it'd be nice to get Pepe, we'd be all covered at the back as well as having someone who can play DM.

I was fortunate enough to meet Ferran Soriano today, and asked him directly. He said that our business was done now, and spoke in glowing terms about the quality of our squad. He seemed sincere about no more signings, but then again he's unlikely to divulge any highly sensitive transfer dealings to an indiscrete berk like me.

I agree Soriano, I believe we will now assess the current players we have, no co incidence that Garcia is being tried as a centre back, if Pellegrini gives the green light on him at the back I think we are good to go. You might say get rid of Kolorov but then we would need a left back as well so that doesn't square the circle. Only if Pellegrini says Garcia not up to it at centre back will we be back in the hunt for a right centre back.

Ric said:

Were you invited to this new food revealing event Ric? Can you tell us anything about it?

Hart of the matter said:
goalmole said:
Chippy_boy said:
Not in total. Minus the book value of the player at the time of sale.

If you amortise a purchase over say 3 years, say £24m fee written down at £8m per year, then he's still on your books at £8m with 1 year to go. If you sell for £10m you take a £10m-£8m=£2m profit to the P&L. Not £10m profit.
Thanks for that. As i said in my post, happy to be corrected.

So Tevez had a remaining book value of 5m[?] and sold for 12m = 7m?
Tevez's book value was about £8.5m I believe.<br /><br />-- Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:08 pm --<br /><br />
Ric said:
I was fortunate enough to meet Ferran Soriano today...
Don't you mean he was fortunate to meet you? How did you manage that and what's his username on here?

Silvercloud said:
Ric said:

Were you invited to this new food revealing event Ric? Can you tell us anything about it?

Yes mate, the food was very good. A big upgrade on last season. De Niro can probably tell you more, as he was filling his boots.

Think there will be a feature on cityTV tomorrow, and some stuff in the MEN.

Ric said:
Was this on your yacht?

Ric said:
Silvercloud said:
Ric said:

Yes mate, the food was very good. A big upgrade on last season. De Niro can probably tell you more, as he was filling his boots.
If that greedy **** was filling his boots there'll be sod all left for the rest of next season!

SWP's back said:
Ric said:
Was this on your yacht?

Ha, yeah it's moored in the ship canal at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.