Big Phil is back

supercity36 said:
BibbyBlue85 said:
That is a fair point mate, i just can't believe some people in this thread are saying get him in the team now

well that will probably be the predicament we are in come the start of january so it may well happen

I am happy for him to come in when Ade is away and be used as an impact sub throughout the season. Just shocking to think people want him in the team now at the expense of Ade or Tevez

just thought does anyone know if caicedo icomin back to us fully fit or does he need a couple weeks to get back to full fitness?

I was checking this out on the Mirror and I came across this gem from Lawrenson

Why I think Chelsea will beat Manchester City in the battle of the millionaires this weekend

By Mark Lawrenson

4/12/09

Manchester City's clash with Chelsea is an intriguing meeting of the new, new money against the old, new money - if you get my meaning.
City haven't won any of their last seven league games and I can't see them ending that run at Eastlands.
I've done a lot of City's games this season - I've seen them live five or six times - and going forward they create chances from all positions, left, right and through the middle.
I've got to be honest, and at the back, they are still a worry.
Toure and Lescott are good individual players, but I'm not sure if that partnership is one that City can totally rely on.
They're both very similar players when one of them needs to be the strong, dictatorial type, who will speak to the rest of the defence and organise them as a back four.
Mark Hughes badly wanted John Terry and apart from his obvious qualities as a player, you can see that Hughes was as much attracted by his leadership ability.
Most of Chelsea's players had their feet up on the sofa this week while City were playing Arsenal and they will be fresher.
Chelsea were really open at Blackburn, but I expect them not to be so open at City and to be their normal dogged selves.
City are stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea and do they try and sit back and withstand Chelsea's pace, power and goal threat or do they attack and maybe leave themselves open to the potency of Drogba and Anelka on the break?
It's a tough one for City and I fully expect Chelsea to win this battle of the super rich.

Bless.

Oh jesus not only is he back but the Drogba comparisons have started again. He's fucking gash, won't get a game all season unless we're really desperate for strikers.

vbr said:
Oh jesus not only is he back but the Drogba comparisons have started again. He's fucking gash, won't get a game all season unless we're really desperate for strikers.

ffs not you again....

supercity36 said:
vbr said:

ffs not you again....

ffs not you again.....

yeah lads he's the new drogba never mind he was shit in portugal after supposedly "developing into a quality striker" in the opinions of some numpties on here. lets just stick adebayor, tevez, bellamy and rsc on the bench and start BIG PHIL he's amazing.

why are you even asking if he's match fit? he's not going to be playing anyway.

vbr said:
supercity36 said:
ffs not you again....

ffs not you again.....

yeah lads he's the new drogba never mind he was shit in portugal after supposedly "developing into a quality striker" in the opinions of some numpties on here. lets just stick adebayor, tevez, bellamy and rsc on the bench and start BIG PHIL he's amazing.

1) ive not made any drogba comparisons... at this stage on drogbas career he couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo in ligue 2 though....

2) im not saying drop any of them players. bellers tevez and big phil as a front three will be perfectly good while RSC is getting bakc to 100% and ade is away with togo

supercity36 said:
vbr said:
ffs not you again.....

1) ive not made any drogba comparisons... at this stage on drogbas career he couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo in ligue 2 though....

2) im not saying drop any of them players. bellers tevez and big phil as a front three will be perfectly good while RSC is getting bakc to 100% and ade is away with togo

yeah and "big phil" couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo in switzerland or portugal, what's your big point? cause caicedo scored in the premiership and uefa cup he's going to be better than drogba when he's drogba's age? shut up you tit.

vbr said:
supercity36 said:

yeah and "big phil" couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo in switzerland or portugal, what's your big point? cause caicedo scored in the premiership and uefa cup he's going to be better than drogba when he's drogba's age? shut up you tit.

ok so you have no belief in big phil, despite him having a better goals/game ratio in the PREM than drogba had in ligue 2. and IM the tit?

Dont think Phil is better than Ade or Tevez but for a young lad he had the knack of being in the right place at the right time!

Excluding Bellamy and Robinho he was the best of our out and out strikers last year so will be useful cover for the rest of the season!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.