Big Phil Loan

considering hes only 20, hes done bloody well i think!! 6 months or a year on loan can only be a benefit to him and us!! experience is the key with him i feel!

Barry's left peg said:
celf said:
california blue said:
I see a couple of the papers have that big phil is to join sporting lesbo on loan. Reported to be a loan with a view to a join them at the end of it.

Personally i think i loan is a great move but i think we should take him back. He'll probably score a shit load of goals and play chumps league. Its awesome experience. I just dont see the sense in getting rid of a promising youngster when lets face it there's not that much striking talent in the academy that could make a instant impact....I know nimley and mak are banging them in but its a big step up.

If Phill goes then it probably secures the mighty Boj Jovi position in the squad - im dying to see him in shape and firing on all cylinders.

# Craig Bellamy
# Carlos Tevez
# Robinho
# Roque Santa Cruz
# Valeri Bojinov
# Adebayor ??

Caceido will be alowed to leave if/when we sign adabeyor,as for nimley and mak i watched them the other night v Hyde,they are still only boys and have a long way to go b4 getting nr the 1st team.
As for Caceido he did well at the back end of last season,its just a shame we will not see him develop IMO

How did we get on at Hyde? Who scored?

Won 3-1 David Ball 2 and Paul Marshall.

i like the lad he has a lot to offer especially when you consider he is still only 20, the youth players mentioned cant be to far off 20 and they are not anywhere near the 1st team, he also was a better option than sturridge and showed more when picked ahead of him, also he is a full international
so it shows how much potential big phil has i think loaning him would be good business for the club

whats the point in selling its not as if we need the money

also RSC and bellamy as we all know dont have the greatest injury records so he may be required again next season and a good run in the portuguese league will do him good

if he goes on loan expect him to bang in a fair few for sporting i think he could turn out to be svens best buy

Big Phil came from the back of a very long list of strikers last season to nail down his place in the side. That fact alone speaks volumes.

Loan if we must, but he has far too much potential to sell him now. Chances are he will not be ( Long term) the new Drogba; but potentially he could be. Also He is less likely to be a disruptive influence in the Dressing Room when not getting games than Bellamy.

Phil and Bojinov as back up for me.

Good hope it's a loan deal as with Jo would like to reavaluate at the end of next season.

ifiwasarichfan said:
Big Phil came from the back of a very long list of strikers last season to nail down his place in the side. That fact alone speaks volumes.

You mean when Bellamy, Bojinov and Sturridge were injured and Jo was out on loan?

He's not going to be good enough for us. Get rid - permanently.

Didsbury Dave said:
ifiwasarichfan said:

You mean when Bellamy, Bojinov and Sturridge were injured and Jo was out on loan?

He's not going to be good enough for us. Get rid - permanently.[/quote]

Agree 100%.

I dont know why people think that if you send someone out on loan they automatically come back a World beater. Some fans really need to start waking up to where we are going and start forgetting about a bunch of City youngsters doing a Jimmy Grimble!

We have just paid £18 million for RSC, we have paid £25 million for Tevez and we are on the verge of paying £25 million for Adebayor, this should tell you exactly what Hughes thinks of the strikers we already have at the club and it should also tell you that if any of the new purchases fail they will be replaced with another new purchase!

If we can make a profit on what we paid for the lad we should cash in now! I dont mean any disrespect to Big Phil because last season on the whole he did a decent job but he wont be good enough for us no matter how many loan spells he has!

OrigamiNinja said:

He's not going to be good enough for us. Get rid - permanently.[/quote]

Agree 100%.
I dont know why people think that if you send someone out on loan they automatically come back a World beater. Some fans really need to start waking up to where we are going and start forgetting about a bunch of City youngsters doing a Jimmy Grimble!

We have just paid £18 million for RSC, we have paid £25 million for Tevez and we are on the verge of paying £25 million for Adebayor, this should tell you exactly what Hughes thinks of the strikers we already have at the club and it should also tell you that if any of the new purchases fail they will be replaced with another new purchase!
If we can make a profit on what we paid for the lad we should cash in now! I dont mean any disrespect to Big Phil because last season on the whole he did a decent job but he wont be good enough for us no matter how many loan spells he has!

dont think anyone is saying he will come back a world beater but to just dismiss him with a get rid just shows how the money that is now available to the manager has gone to some fans heads
the point being made by some posters is that there is potential there and he is young so why let him go now for no reason

you answered your own question with your statement that if the players who have been brought in do not do the business they will be replaced, so why not replace them if this is the case with one of our own who for all we know may turn out to be a top centre forward given the right chances elsewhere

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.