Big Phil Loan

OrigamiNinja said:
And I am afraid to tell you that you are deluded.

Dont worry you are are not the 1st City fan to see one of our youngsters as potential World beater when he is nothing of the sort. People were on here singing the praises of Ched Evans not so long ago and I was abused much the same for saying he was shit, funnily enough I have been proven right on that score and I fully expect to be proven right about Caicedo. He is an average player who unfortunately for him has arrived at City at the wrong time, if he was here 5 years ago he would have gotten his chance but not now, he may only be 20 years old but his days at the club are already numbered.

Funny that people said the same thing about Drogba when he was a youngster at Le Mans and couldn't hit the side of a barn 62(11) he turned out half decent?

Maineblue said:
OrigamiNinja said:
And I am afraid to tell you that you are deluded.

Dont worry you are are not the 1st City fan to see one of our youngsters as potential World beater when he is nothing of the sort. People were on here singing the praises of Ched Evans not so long ago and I was abused much the same for saying he was shit, funnily enough I have been proven right on that score and I fully expect to be proven right about Caicedo. He is an average player who unfortunately for him has arrived at City at the wrong time, if he was here 5 years ago he would have gotten his chance but not now, he may only be 20 years old but his days at the club are already numbered.

Funny that people said the same thing about Drogba when he was a youngster at Le Mans and couldn't hit the side of a barn 62(11) he turned out half decent?

Theres an exception to every rule but lets be honest here I think we could all name more players who people said were gonna be great and didnt turn out that way than the other way round!

bluemoondays said:
I can see us emulating Barca/Real/Inter etc soon, they hoover up all the best youth and then loan them out. Some of their youths never play for the main side and these teams tend to make a decision to sell at 22-24 years old. Only the very best get into these teams at <21 years old, people like your Messi's etc but they give the others a good run and a decent chance to prove themselves at other clubs.

People need to get over this attitude of he's never going to be good enough from watching a 19 year old, accept they will have to go out on loan and of the ones that go out on loan only 10% of those will make the 1st team on a regular basis instead of the higher amount as it used to be.

It's not as if we need the money from sales and I'll bet most of these youngsters are on buttons compared to the overall wage budget now.

Have some patience, stop making kneejerk decisions based on being drafted in to lead the line in the PL at 19 years old and see how they do on loan at a reasonable club (not bloody Peterborough or Doncaster or suchlike). Let the club make the decisions when they are circa 23 years old for the ones who "may" make it...........
well said totally agree

OrigamiNinja said:
Theres an exception to every rule but lets be honest here I think we could all name more players who people said were gonna be great and didnt turn out that way than the other way round!

Of course but as others have eluded to, there's no need for recouping the money right away, if need be loan him out for the season give him some first team action then reavaluate at the end of the season.

Not really that much of an ask is it?

Porto would be an excellent opportunity for the lad, CL football aswell, seems ideal to me and if he has a wank season and we don't see any progress the consider sellling even if we do lose a few million because of it, better than selling him now seeing him flourish in the next 2 or 3 years then seeing a £50 million price tag on his head, obviously this is a big if but you never know :P

Real madrid had eto'o did not make it at first so they loaned him out to mallorca i think it was. He got the hump with madrid and done runner to Barca in the end. So even the mighty madrid make mistakes too.

dcye said:
BlueTG said:
Real Madrid had eto' ?

Yes. He was a pretty young bloke when he was there though. Was shipped to Mallorca pretty quickly.
ahh, im only in my teens, I wont have remembered hearing anything of him until his Barcelona days, but still i never knew that.

BlueTG said:
dcye said:
Yes. He was a pretty young bloke when he was there though. Was shipped to Mallorca pretty quickly.
ahh, im only in my teens, I wont have remembered hearing anything of him until his Barcelona days, but still i never knew that.

There's a little bit to it, from wiki:
Samuel Eto'o joined Real Madrid in 1997, but he could only train with Real Madrid B, as he was still a minor. Real Madrid B were relegated to the Segunda División B, where non-EU players are not allowed, and as a result he was loaned to second-division CD Leganés for the 1997-98 season. The following two seasons, he went to first-division squad RCD Mallorca on loan.

dcye said:
BlueTG said:

There's a little bit to it, from wiki:
Samuel Eto'o joined Real Madrid in 1997, but he could only train with Real Madrid B, as he was still a minor. Real Madrid B were relegated to the Segunda División B, where non-EU players are not allowed, and as a result he was loaned to second-division CD Leganés for the 1997-98 season. The following two seasons, he went to first-division squad RCD Mallorca on loan.
Ahh, how old is Eto'o then, tbh ive never known this..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.