Big Phil Loan

Bilboblue said:
Sell him by all means, BUT include a 'buy-back-clause' so we could get im for, say, £10m IF he turns out a star!

whats the point loan him for a year if he does nothing out of the ordinary then sell him and get your money back why spend another £5mill on top of what we paid originally if he sets the world on fire,
you obviously believe there is potential there so why let him leave does not make any sense at all

it is to soon to sell this lad in my opinion period, maybe this time next year depending on his development which is the main reason for keeping him "developing his potential" which he has whithout doubt shown

i think we need to keep bellamy for the simple reason pace with the strikers we have got now there isnt alot of pace!!

For a player who really struggled at first,to nailing down a regular first team place,big phil has come on leaps and bounds.Jo is sent back out on loan,so why shouldnt we loan phil out? . Surely if you were to sell either of these two,it would have to be Jo,based on what they have both produced.I'd definitely get rid of Benjani and Evans.

I can see us emulating Barca/Real/Inter etc soon, they hoover up all the best youth and then loan them out. Some of their youths never play for the main side and these teams tend to make a decision to sell at 22-24 years old. Only the very best get into these teams at <21 years old, people like your Messi's etc but they give the others a good run and a decent chance to prove themselves at other clubs.

People need to get over this attitude of he's never going to be good enough from watching a 19 year old, accept they will have to go out on loan and of the ones that go out on loan only 10% of those will make the 1st team on a regular basis instead of the higher amount as it used to be.

It's not as if we need the money from sales and I'll bet most of these youngsters are on buttons compared to the overall wage budget now.

Have some patience, stop making kneejerk decisions based on being drafted in to lead the line in the PL at 19 years old and see how they do on loan at a reasonable club (not bloody Peterborough or Doncaster or suchlike). Let the club make the decisions when they are circa 23 years old for the ones who "may" make it...........

I think he definitely did enough last season to suggest he falls into the 'showed potential' category. He also combines size and strength with a bit of Latin American skill on the ball, which is a great combination when it works well. He's young, and did well adapting to a new league. I see no reason to get rid of the player - we won't exactly get a big transfer fee for him now, and we can clearly afford to pay half his wages on a loan deal, so why not give it a go and see how he gets on.

All the big clubs do this, with loaning young prospects out for a few seasons to monitor progress - some fans are still stuck in the old City mentality where we couldn't afford players hanging around on loan - we either kept them or got rid. We don't need to do this anymore, so I fail to see why we should!

OrigamiNinja said:
Get him sold now! Loaning him out is worthless to us because he will never be a regular in our line up!

He is a decent player but will never reach the very top, we have already turned down a bid of around what we paid for him so if someone ups a bid by a couple of £million more we should take the money. Getting £7million or so for Phil would be good business on our part!

never reach the top?????....he,s 20 years old FFS.......with limited chances......unless your a top notch scout,you,re talking bollocks i,m afraid to tell you............

riley347 said:
never reach the top?????....he,s 20 years old FFS.......with limited chances......unless your a top notch scout,you,re talking bollocks i,m afraid to tell you............

Agree, as I said in a thread yesterday seems we have some fans that are far too quick to dimiss young players these days, fair enough Sturridge wanted to leave but it was the same with Jo the guy was only in the team and country a few months but that didn't stop them getting on the guys back and fucking is confidence right up.

A 21 year old Brazilian striker, who was if I'm not mistaken top scorer in the Russian league with a scoring record of 66 from 162 from all games played, really I do wonder some times.

auction294 said:
Yes I can see big Phil developing into a great player
I can see him turning into a boxer, maybe Audley Harrison.

I must need glasses then. Apart from not winning the ball in the air, his first touch being rubbish, his needing to learn the offside rule urgently, and not knowing when to pass to his team mates before being closed down , then he is pure quality.

Totally agree with this post, If we get Adebayor, we will have 2 big target men in the squad, who can hold the ball up and a host of different players who can play off either of them so big phil will be surplus to requirements. He did ok in patches last season, but being the best of a very poor or injured bunch does not make you a world beater, he did not come through the academy he is a bought in player who IMO will never be good enough for where we want to go. Perhaps (BIG PERHAPS!) he might score goals in the CL next year and push his price up, but the fee will probably be agreed this season, if we can get the 5 million we paid back, personally I would snap their hands off - and good luck to the guy he always gave 100% IMO

riley347 said:
OrigamiNinja said:
Get him sold now! Loaning him out is worthless to us because he will never be a regular in our line up!

He is a decent player but will never reach the very top, we have already turned down a bid of around what we paid for him so if someone ups a bid by a couple of £million more we should take the money. Getting £7million or so for Phil would be good business on our part!

And I am afraid to tell you that you are deluded.

Dont worry you are are not the 1st City fan to see one of our youngsters as potential World beater when he is nothing of the sort. People were on here singing the praises of Ched Evans not so long ago and I was abused much the same for saying he was shit, funnily enough I have been proven right on that score and I fully expect to be proven right about Caicedo. He is an average player who unfortunately for him has arrived at City at the wrong time, if he was here 5 years ago he would have gotten his chance but not now, he may only be 20 years old but his days at the club are already numbered.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.