Big Phil

BigOscar said:
KentBlue said:
The thing is, he had a decent squad to choose from, but he persisted with Hulk and Fred and other's of that ilk.
For all the criticism of Fred and Hulk, attack really wasn't the problem though was it? It was the complete lack of an defensive shape or tactics, along with having no midfield to speak of. It has to be one of the worst organised teams I've ever seen.
No, but he didn't really set them up with much attacking shape or discipline either. The front line of attack is often your first line of defence. Their attack often had no shape, no specific roles, often went alone instead of smartly using the ball etc. If they had been set up better and more astutely all over the starting 11, they wouldn't have seen such a disastrous collapse against Germany.

BigOscar said:
pikku said:
Read on twitter that brazil football federation approached mourinho for the job? .They need a european manager who is not tactically naive and mou can do a good job for them if he takes over.
If Mourinho became manager of Brazil, I think I'd give up on international football. Luckily, the brazilian public would never stand for it, they couldn't even stand Dunga for being negative and he'd won a bloody WC or them!
But do they have enough flair players who can execute such kind of free flowing football.I don't think so and more over now it mainly revolves around tactics and mind games,so i think mou is fit for the job,atleast he can provide a good foundation after recent debacles so other people can take over and build on.Brazil are still dwelling in their past glory.

de niro said:
to be fair he doesn't have the players to win anything.

Tend to agree with this.
The ludicrous over-expectation in Brazil that this tournament would be a mere cakewalk to them being crowned champions was utterly ignoring the fact that the squad was paper thin, and without doubt the worst Brazil team I have ever seen in my lifetime.
That said, even accepting that he can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, his team selections, substitutions, tactics and motivational skills have been non-existent.
As to his future, there is more chance of Rolf Harris presenting CBeebies than there is Scolari keeping his job.

Things have got to the stage where they simply must get a new broom to sweep clean. To leave him in post would be to embrace failure. Not to mention sparking a near riot.

Brazil have some above average players and a couple of class players and a couple of terrible players, but the manager is clueless, just my opinion.

its a Barm said:
Brazil have some above average players and a couple of class players and a couple of terrible players, but the manager is clueless, just my opinion.

when your forward line options contain jo, hulk and fred you have got no chance of success.

de niro said:
its a Barm said:

when your forward line options contain jo, hulk and fred you have got no chance of success.

They are the least Brazilian Brazilians I have ever seen.

de niro said:
to be fair he doesn't have the players to win anything.
They would have been a much better side had Scolari picked Felipe Luis, Fernandinho, Coutinho, Willian, Diego Costa, and a few others, more or at all.

Saying that they'd still be nowhere near the level of their last team to win the WC with Lucio, Roberto Carlos, Cafu, Gilberto, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Ronaldo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.