Biggest Cult Hero?

Think a lot of fans on here missing the point by naming Club legends eg Kun, Zabba, Nijinsky etc

Gotta be big Andy Morrison surely? Exactly what we needed at the time and the highlight of his own personal career to boot. Fans loved him for being "one of us" from his first crunching tackle and the way he seemed to intimidate team-mates, let alone the opposition lol.

Crap football but great days!
Andy Morrison certainly fits the description of Cult hero. Morrison gave us the 'boot up the backside we needed ' when Royle signed him. .A real 'dogs of war' type, who certainly would have scared the shit out of many a player (as you say , both opposing and team mates).
Football certainly wasn't great but after a few 'fraught' moments during the earlier part of the 98/99 season the bond between fans and players and the passion and loyalty of the fans in those 2 seasons was the best I've ever known .

Uncle malcolm and his spawn?!

Truthfully for me Uwe Rosler though he's probably more of an acknowledged hero whereas Michel Vonk....was terrible but I loved him! See also Sir Richard Dunny Of Dunnemonster. Nearest one in the modern era is Zab.

I feel Marc Vivien Foe deserves a mention.. a classic cult hero..I may be wrong but believe 23 is the only number we have retired ?

For me it's kinkladze, the goat, Horlock, Uwe, Quinn and and from when I was a kid..Bobby MacDonald. Remember Bobby going in goal v Watford when big Joe got injured in the first couple of mins. Kept a clean sheet and put us top of the league (3 matches in) if memory serves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.