Biggest flop at Euro 2016?

The white Pele - another tournament where he phoned in a shift............... fucking disgraceful waste of a squad number time and time again - I hope Ibrahimovic's wages as of today mean he gets another unwarranted wage rise over there at the swamp - he has a rethatch to pay for as his rug is getting threadbare.

Ibra, Rooney, Lewandowski, Millik and Kane have all put in strong attempts to be the flop of the tournament, but for me it's Dele Alli. He's played as a number 10 in a team that has dominated the ball in every game they've played, yet has not done anything. He never moved into good positions and was completely invisible. Others tried and failed things, some strikers failed to get involved, but for a guy with a free role to not get into good positions is fucking criminal

Honourable mention to Ciaran Clark for carrying on his club form with his best Richard Dunne on a bad day impression

As someone said before, for England has to be Kane. He was more than a flop, as for some reason Woy decided to keep giving him the nod and keep giving him all free kick and corner duties like he was our fucking Bale, and he couldn't take a decent corner to save his life!

In the other teams I'd go with Ronaldo. He had that brief 20 min period in the Hungary game in which he scored twice, but that's literally all he's offered the entire tourny. Not also that though but the whole Portugal team are dependant on him, and again he takes all free kicks yet his shot accuracy for them must be the worst in the competition. It's the same when he's taking it all at Real Madrid, he lines up, commentator gets right up his arse "can we see the magical Ronaldo free kick, here it comes 35 yards out", then it either smacks the wall or goes a good 15 yards wide or above the net.

Bale has shown how to take on the mantle of "the main player" of a team and ran with it, whereas Ronaldo has tried and failed miserably (though they'll probably go on and win it now to spite me!).

Flop of the tournament: Ronaldo -given the amount of shots he took and the chances he missed that a u15 player would make he gets the award.
Runner up: Lewandoski- After scoring so many goals in qualifying he went missing during the actually tournament apart from one goal vs Portugal.

Young Flop of the tournament: Kane-his set pieces were comedy and was just embarrassing overall especially to the Premier League given he was top scorer.
Runner up: Pogba-still has time to show something but has done nothing but give away a penalty after being labeled the superstar of the tournament.

Kane without a doubt. For a player that scored for fun in the league he looked like a Stockport County player in an England shirt. But it's ok cos he was tired.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.