Biggest flop at Euro 2016?

How can it not be Sterling. He had the nerve to leave everyone's favourite club to play with a bunch of mercenaries at a club with no history for £5000000 a week and then went and didn't score a hat trick in any games and only created three chances and won a penalty before going home to boast about the worlds most expensive sink whilst pretending to be a drug dealer on twitter and then deliberately going on holiday just to rub England's fans noses in it. Luckily the newspapers don't let him get away with this.

england-record-goalscorer-wayne-rooney.ashx

Fucking Shite..

lukaku-main.jpg

Bony should be pleased...

Russia, couldn't even beat England :)

I think it has been one of the poorest international tournaments in a long time, quite a few teams have underperformed, Belgium and Spain are 2 of the highest ranking, Croatia were poor. The highlights so far have been Hungary Iceland and Wales, which says it all, Albania over performed too. France haven't impressed either, the winner will come from tomorrows game imho.

It's not been a great tournament

How many good / great games has there been and how many great goals? Very average

The 3rd place qualifier nonsense hasn't helped. You can play like wankers eg England, or not win a game eg Portugal and still cruise through to the knockout phase

Portugal have been shite, and boring. Yesterday I had them as 2nd worst team in the tournament after Wales, who i thought had been dreadful and outplayed in every game, other than against Russia, but their performance against Belgium was probably the best by any side so far. I do get that people are comparing their performances and achievements against their perceived talent however. We just need to downscale our expectations of England!

Also, have Kane and Ronaldo not worked out that you can't do the funny toe punt free-kick thing with this ball??

Got to mention Lukaku, for such a powerful athletic man he never seems to be in space and when he is he has no positive affect.
I could fully understand a Belgium fan saying Lukaku was worse than anyone and from their pov would probably be correct.

It's not been a great tournament

How many good / great games has there been and how many great goals? Very average

The 3rd place qualifier nonsense hasn't helped. You can play like wankers eg England, or not win a game eg Portugal and still cruise through to the knockout phase
Maybe,just maybe..if the volume of games the modern day footballer has to play was reduced,the quality would im prove......silly me.it will never happen,the relentless drive for money means,more teams bigger tournaments,more pre season grand frendlies, more air miles pre season,more this more that...
Less quality football...
I dread to think what shape our Kevin would have been in if belguim had progressed to the final on July 10th...
15 days before the really big important Manchester derby in China..another 3 days Dortmund...couple of weeks prem starts.it's relentless.here we are working our guts out to pay for season tickets to watch exhausted clapped out players attempt to get thru anotherseason.where will it end? No wonder energy drinks and ice chambers are so popular these days...

Portugal are still in the tournament and two games away from winning it. Ronaldo scored a brace with one of them being a beautiful goal. He hasn't had a great tourney but saying he's the biggest flop is far from the truth.

Lewandowski was poor, Ibra was poor. Pogba has been poor. Almost all of the England team was poor. Which leads me to my conclusion that the FOTT (Flop of the tournament) is obviously none other than Roy Hodgson, assuming coaches are eligible to win the FOTT. If we're talking strictly players, it's a coin flip between Joe and Kane. I'll give it to Kane, for obvious bias reasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.