Biggest shithole in manchester?

Certain parts around North Manchester have definitely gone a bit downhill over the last 20 years or so. I grew up on Langley which, like a lot of council estates was a bit rough and ready, but never felt unsafe and I had a cracking childhood with a lot of cracking people. My few visits back over the last few years have always left me with a bit of a tinge of sadness though. The plastic gangsters and the general moodiness in and around Middleton is a shame but I doubt its any different to a thousand other places up and down the country.
There are nobheads all over this country......dicks who think they are top dogs, mouthy cunts .

Keep a low profile ffs

Certain parts around North Manchester have definitely gone a bit downhill over the last 20 years or so. I grew up on Langley which, like a lot of council estates was a bit rough and ready, but never felt unsafe and I had a cracking childhood with a lot of cracking people. My few visits back over the last few years have always left me with a bit of a tinge of sadness though. The plastic gangsters and the general moodiness in and around Middleton is a shame but I doubt its any different to a thousand other places up and down the country.
I taught on Langley for 18 years and loved it. The children were great fun, if some were challenging at times, but for the most part they were ok.
The parents were, like you say, a bit rough and ready sometimes which made parents evenings interesting! ;-)
I remember one parent who we had to ‘invite’ into school to discuss her son’s rather colourful language (he was 8 yrs old) and she was really nice about it understood where we were coming from … and said “I’m really sorry, I don’t f*****g know where he f(etc) gets it from. I’ll f(etc) give him a good bo (etc) when he gets home.” The headteacher and myself didn’t dare look at each other but she suddenly looked at me trying desperately to stifle my laughter and she stopped mid sentence and went “oh sh(etc) it’s me isn’t it?” So all 3 of us just burst out laughing, when we’d calmed down she apologised profusely and although, obviously, his language didn’t clear up overnight it did clear up 95% of the time!
Happy days. I’m sorry if it’s gone downhill because I enjoyed my time there. :-)

I was at Wythenshawe Hospital yesterday and coming home the road I needed was closed, it was dark and the diversion sign pointed right but it hadn’t said it before the lights so I was in the wrong lane and had to go left! I ended up going through an estate, pitch black, no idea where I was, no signs so just following my instincts and sense of direction (?).
In daylight it used to be very much every street looks alike so you can imagine what it’s like in the dark!, :-)
As luck would have it I eventually arrived back at the Motorway roundabout but a different road from normal. :-)
At night it looked ok, tree lined streets, grass verges, little lay-byes so I wondered what it would look like these days in daylight. I had friends who lived on Wythenshawe years ago and the people were lovely, what we used to call salt of the earth.
Just like Eccles

For a shithole Manchester properties certainly cost a lot of money.....have you seen the price of housing?
I blame Paul Dickov. No win at Gillingham would've meant no grand new football stadium. No stadium, plus lower division football, means no Mansour. No Mansour means less investment in Manchester. Less investment in Mcr means fewer people would want to live here, which means cheaper houses. Great thing about being Blue, no matter how good it is, there's ALWAYS something to have a moan about.

No, still very much about. The Wards reputation was built on the back of Dave unfortunately the newer generation of the family seem intent on going down the route which does them little favours.

I mean, no, sorry, never heard of them... Haha!
Hiya Dave!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.