Biggest shithole you've ever been too?

stony said:
Holyhead is a fucking hole. I used to do a bit of work for Anglesey Aluminium and I had to stay there quite a few times. It's a real fucking dump, oh and I forgot Barrow, what a fucking shithole that is.

Agree Stony - that's the top of my list. I had to work there for 6 weeks once and it was the worst 6 weeks of my working life. Hated it. Depressing. Swindon is a close second.

Swales lives said:
Liverpool is the biggest fucking dump on the planet.

Swales, which parts of liverpool have you visited? Have you been to the leafy suburbs of south liverpool - Allerton, Woolton, Grassendale? Have you seen the waterfront, especially now the Leeds and Liverpool canal has been extended and now flows along in front of the Liver Building? Have you been to the Albert Dock to see what a brilliant restoration job theyve done and how it is the second (I think) tourist destination in the country? And have you wandered round the victorian streeets which are often used for period plays on TV and Film? And have you walked or cycled along the promenade since its been renovated so that you can now travel right along the riverbank for about 7 miles, all the way from garston to the city centre? If you're lucky, there will be a yachting regatta on the river, and you can sip a beer at the riverside pub whilst watching it. And have you visited one of the grand victorian parks in the south of the city such as sefton park or calderstones park. Have you visited any of the venues which were prominent during the year of the capital of cultue, eg the Walker Art gallery or the Tate of the North, or the new Echo Arena?

I assure you Liverpool is not a "fucking dump", although you may have only visited the less salubrious areas, but don't tar the whole city with the same brush.

Where do you live?

scousemanc said:
Swales lives said:

Swales, which parts of liverpool have you visited? Have you been to the leafy suburbs of south liverpool - Allerton, Woolton, Grassendale? Have you seen the waterfront, especially now the Leeds and Liverpool canal has been extended and now flows along in front of the Liver Building? Have you been to the Albert Dock to see what a brilliant restoration job theyve done and how it is the second (I think) tourist destination in the country? And have you wandered round the victorian streeets which are often used for period plays on TV and Film? And have you walked or cycled along the promenade since its been renovated so that you can now travel right along the riverbank for about 7 miles, all the way from garston to the city centre? If you're lucky, there will be a yachting regatta on the river, and you can sip a beer at the riverside pub whilst watching it. And have you visited one of the grand victorian parks in the south of the city such as sefton park or calderstones park. Have you visited any of the venues which were prominent during the year of the capital of cultue, eg the Walker Art gallery or the Tate of the North, or the new Echo Arena?

I assure you Liverpool is not a "fucking dump", although you may have only visited the less salubrious areas, but don't tar the whole city with the same brush.

Where do you live?

I used to know Liverpool like the back of my hand. Back in the late 80s and early 90s I delivered around Liverpool and the surrounding area on a daily basis. I can honestly say that Liverpool city centre and the pier head have some of the most impressive buildings I've ever seen. I can also say that Liverpool has some of the biggest shitholes I have ever seen too.
I've always got on with scousers, mainly because I take the piss out of them and they generally take it in good spirit and give as much back. One thing I did notice though and that was no matter where in Liverpool I was, the locals always thought it was the best place in the world.
Loyalty or delusional ? I'll let you make your mind up. I know my home town is a shithole though and I have no qualms about admitting it.

scousemanc said:
Swales lives said:

Where do you live?
To be fair the thread is 'biggest shit hole youve been to' and maybe he was there not too long ago before all this work was done. Granted Liverpool has had a major face lift recently but it wasnt that long ago when it really was a shit hole.

Dont get me wrong, there are really shitty depressing areas but there are attractive suburbs and the city centre / waterfront are now seriously cool. You're right about all scousers being blindly loyal to their city. They can't see the faults and that gets on my nerves. I like to have a detached p.o.v. cos Ive now lived half my life in manchester and half in liverpool.

scousemanc said:
Dont get me wrong, there are really shitty depressing areas but there are attractive suburbs and the city centre / waterfront are now seriously cool. You're right about all scousers being blindly loyal to their city. They can't see the faults and that gets on my nerves. I like to have a detached p.o.v. cos Ive now lived half my life in manchester and half in liverpool.

Breck Road. If you're female between the ages of 15-20 and you're not pushing a buggy, you're infertile

NQT said:
scousemanc said:

Breck Road. If you're female between the ages of 15-20 and you're not pushing a buggy, you're infertile

lmao

Worked in Little Hulton for years, found it ok?

Worked in East London about a mile away from West Hams ground a place called Manor Park, it was rough, rough, rough. The stuff i witnessed down there would make your toes curl!! Full of ManYoo fans to top it off!!!

Citysmith said:
Worked in Little Hulton for years, found it ok?

Worked in East London about a mile away from West Hams ground a place called Manor Park, it was rough, rough, rough. The stuff i witnessed down there would make your toes curl!! Full of ManYoo fans to top it off!!!

i use to live in little hulton. Its rough as a bears arse haah

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.