Bilbao or San Sebastian?

Ric

Administrator
Toying with the idea of taking the family there in the Easter holidays for a short break, finances permitting. Just wondering what would be the better trip with two kids (13 and 10) at that time of year? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Toying with the idea of taking the family there in the Easter holidays for a short break, finances permitting. Just wondering what would be the better trip with two kids (13 and 10) at that time of year? Any advice greatly appreciated.
Both supposed to be great, which would you rather dock in ;-)

Reactions: Ric
I would say Bilbao will be better for the whole family (many more varied attractions and activities that would interest teens and teens-to-be), whilst San Sebastián would likely be better for just you and the missus (as long as you have the desire and dosh to enjoy some of the best food available in the world).

But, generally, you can’t really go far wrong with either. :-)

I would say Bilbao will be better for the whole family (many more varied attractions and activities that would interest teens and teens-to-be), whilst San Sebastián would likely be better for just you and the missus (as long as you have the desire and dosh to enjoy some of the best food available in the world).

But, generally, you can’t really go far wrong with either. :-)
I’ve seen loads of stuff on the restaurants in San Sebastián and it’s definitely on the to do list.

I’ve seen loads of stuff on the restaurants in San Sebastián and it’s definitely on the to do list.
It really is worth the effort and money. I would say if someone only ever does one ‘gastro-holiday’, San Sebastián (and surrounding area) should be the one.

Then again, I am biased.

It really is worth the effort and money. I would say if someone only ever does one ‘gastro-holiday’, San Sebastián (and surrounding area) should be the one.

Then again, I am biased.
There’s two on my list I haven’t done, there and Bologna, don’t ask about Bologna very time I plan to go something happens, last time I was having a week on lake Garda was going to drive down they had an earthquake, had some nice Tapas in Lunya on Deansgate on Friday

There’s two on my list I haven’t done, there and Bologna, don’t ask about Bologna very time I plan to go something happens, last time I was having a week on lake Garda was going to drive down they had an earthquake, had some nice Tapas in Lunya on Deansgate on Friday
I won’t ask, in the interests of the Bolognese. ;-)

And I haven’t been. I’ve only done El Gato Negro (decent but not amazing) and Tast (good, if a tad overpriced).

Your rating of Lunya?

Its probably changed a lot since I was lat there (1969) when me and my mate hitch-hiked to watch City v Bilbao.A wonderful Horseshoe Beach in San Sebastian where we played football against some of the locals.
We stayed in the hotel in Bilbao,where the City players were staying after the game and I was only talking to Big Joe Corrigan about his "misdemeanour" with a City fan who ended up with a massive black eye.Joe was saying that was the last time City ever stayed where the fans could also stay,to avoid any more possible "problems".

I won’t ask, in the interests of the Bolognese. ;-)

And I haven’t been. I’ve only done El Gato Negro (decent but not amazing) and Tast (good, if a tad overpriced).

Your rating of Lunya?
It’s not bad probably prefer Evuna in the NQ, the black cat (I’m a Manc) like but over priced Juan Matta’s place on Deansgate is supposed to be good but I’ve not been.

I love Bologna. Great city, nice people, excellent food and wine around the area some really nice places to visit outside the city itself. Personally prefer it to the 2 Spanish cities mentioned (though they were nice as well).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.