Billy Graham - dead

I am not a believer because I never believed a merciful god would allow a world where things like cancer, famine and child abuse exists however it seems his mysterious ways are particularly shitty if he denied one of his more dedicated promoters a ton - clean bowled at 99 is always a pisser and affects the batting averages - its 100's that count in the record books

Ah but what if God is not a merciful god but a crazy raving full on batshit insane god?

It would explain a lot.

#thoughtfortheday

RIP Billy Graham. Whether or not you agree with his views, he deserves respect, not ridicule at the time of his passing.

Respect? Are you joking?

He was a total conman. A racist and anti semetic. Because he died doesn't change the fact he ripped off millions of people. A total hypocrite and deserves nothing but scorn for a life conning people out of money.

Have you listened to the Nixon tapes? Guy was a **** in life and the world is one less horrible **** better off.

Pity there isn't a hell he pretended to believe in. He would be straight there stoking fires.

His using a cult to become a multi millionaire through pretending to have a line to god.

You have to admire how he manipulated so many out of so much. Never paid a cent in tax either. Right wing Christian fundamentalists are the greatest threat to the US. This twat has so much to answe for creating 60m people who believe in talking snakes and that their god loved slavery but hated gays and prawns.

For that alone.

Good riddance, or should I say, god riddance.

He was

Billy Graham did a "gig" at Maine Road in the 1970s. I've seen pictures of it, I suspect in one of @Gary James' books. I'm sure I remember that the Kippax had temporary benches in so everyone could sit. If Swales had decided to do that instead of knocking down the old Platt Lane our entire history could have been different.
True, but it was in 61, sat on same said bench, watched Denis Law from the Platt Lane earlier that year !

Oh I almost forgot, thoughts and prayers. Good time to die as Trump has but taxes for rich corpses to pas their money, tax exempt in Billy’s case, to his conning, cunting descendants.

Praise Jesus and send in those dollars. Amen and Ching Ching.

Oh I almost forgot, thoughts and prayers. Good time to die as Trump has but taxes for rich corpses to pas their money, tax exempt in Billy’s case, to his conning, cunting descendants.

Praise Jesus and send in those dollars. Amen and Ching Ching.
Cynicism+meter.bmp

Respect? Are you joking?

He was a total conman. A racist and anti semetic. Because he died doesn't change the fact he ripped off millions of people. A total hypocrite and deserves nothing but scorn for a life conning people out of money.

Have you listened to the Nixon tapes? Guy was a **** in life and the world is one less horrible **** better off.

Pity there isn't a hell he pretended to believe in. He would be straight there stoking fires.

His using a cult to become a multi millionaire through pretending to have a line to god.

You have to admire how he manipulated so many out of so much. Never paid a cent in tax either. Right wing Christian fundamentalists are the greatest threat to the US. This twat has so much to answe for creating 60m people who believe in talking snakes and that their god loved slavery but hated gays and prawns.

For that alone.

Good riddance, or should I say, god riddance.

He was

I know next to nothing about the bloke and I can't be doing with religion anyway but according to the BBC, "At a time of racial segregation in the US, Graham said he would not speak before segregated audiences in the 1950s, and often spoke of the need for inclusion.

At one event in Tennessee in 1953, he moved ropes that divided black and white members of his audience.

"Christianity is not a white man's religion and don't let anyone tell you it's white or black," he told an audience in South Africa in 1973. "Christ belongs to all people."

Graham was also a close friend of Martin Luther King Jr, and once paid his bail when King was arrested at a demonstration in 1960."

Granted, I've not watched the vid you put up yet but does it contradict the above?

I know next to nothing about the bloke and I can't be doing with religion anyway but according to the BBC, "At a time of racial segregation in the US, Graham said he would not speak before segregated audiences in the 1950s, and often spoke of the need for inclusion.

At one event in Tennessee in 1953, he moved ropes that divided black and white members of his audience.

"Christianity is not a white man's religion and don't let anyone tell you it's white or black," he told an audience in South Africa in 1973. "Christ belongs to all people."

Graham was also a close friend of Martin Luther King Jr, and once paid his bail when King was arrested at a demonstration in 1960."

Granted, I've not watched the vid you put up yet but does it contradict the above?

To sum up he wasn't fussy whose money he took.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.