Bird Thread

idahoblues

Just wondering if there are any birders out there, working at a house today with a pair of nesting `Swainson's hawks' in the back yard. The male kept diving me all day from over 100 feet and pulling out of it's decent about 15 feet above my head. I was not hassling the nest but love watching them do their thing. In the last few days have seen a golden eagle, multiple bald eagles, sandhill cranes, herons, marsh harriers, two great horned owls ospreys, kingfishers, wax wings swallows, sparrows, house finches, siskins, robins, gold finches, gross beaks

must stop with the whisky for tonight

m7mcfc said:
Spotted a couple of Magpies, Canadian Geese, pidgeons and some Seagulls....nothing as exotic as yourself but that's Salford for you.
they're all good to see , no matter where

idahoblues said:
Just wondering if there are any birders out there, working at a house today with a pair of nesting `Swainson's hawks' in the back yard. The male kept diving me all day from over 100 feet and pulling out of it's decent about 15 feet above my head. I was not hassling the nest but love watching them do their thing. In the last few days have seen a golden eagle, multiple bald eagles, sandhill cranes, herons, marsh harriers, two great horned owls ospreys, kingfishers, wax wings swallows, sparrows, house finches, siskins, robins, gold finches, gross beaks

must stop with the whisky for tonight
Bloody hell that sounds fantastic mate.
Collared Doves,Magpies , Blackbirds and Wood Pigeons mainly here.
By the way are you actually on the Scotch whisky or the Bourbon (headbanger stuff).

Saw a buzzard a few days back, and hope to see some white tailed eagles in Scotland next month.

nezu4ute.jpg

bigyear.gif

I'm hoping today to see some of the following

Black Grouse
Black-throated Diver
Buzzard
Capercaille
Common Gull
Common Sandpiper
Cuckoo
Curlew
Dipper
Dotterel
Dunlin
Golden Eagle
Greenshank
Greylag Goose
Hen Harrier
Hooded Crow
Meadow Pipit
Merlin
Osprey
Peregrine Falcon
Ptarmigan
Raven
Red Grouse
Red Kite
Red-throated Diver
Ring Ouzel
Scottish Crossbill
Snipe
Snow Bunting
Stonechat
Wheatear
White-tailed Eagle

NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
bigyear.gif

Black Grouse
Black-throated Diver
Buzzard
Capercaille
Common Gull
Common Sandpiper
Cuckoo
Curlew
Dipper
Dotterel
Dunlin
Golden Eagle
Greenshank
Greylag Goose
Hen Harrier
Hooded Crow
Meadow Pipit
Merlin
Osprey
Peregrine Falcon
Ptarmigan
Raven
Red Grouse
Red Kite
Red-throated Diver
Ring Ouzel
Scottish Crossbill
Snipe
Snow Bunting
Stonechat
Wheatear
White-tailed Eagle
Bar Steward!
Off downstairs now to throw fat pellets onto the garage roof. The collared doves are waiting.

This is almost on topic. But we've been given a parrot type thing to mind and a few fish in a tank for a few weeks while the owners are on holiday. This bird has been in a cage for most of it's life. It doesn't get let out. I look it and think is there anything crueler than locking something up with wings in a small cage on it's own for it's entire life.

Len Rum said:
NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
bigyear.gif

Black Grouse
Black-throated Diver
Buzzard
Capercaille
Common Gull
Common Sandpiper
Cuckoo
Curlew
Dipper
Dotterel
Dunlin
Golden Eagle
Greenshank
Greylag Goose
Hen Harrier
Hooded Crow
Meadow Pipit
Merlin
Osprey
Peregrine Falcon
Ptarmigan
Raven
Red Grouse
Red Kite
Red-throated Diver
Ring Ouzel
Scottish Crossbill
Snipe
Snow Bunting
Stonechat
Wheatear
White-tailed Eagle
Bar Steward!
Off downstairs now to throw fat pellets onto the garage roof. The collared doves are waiting.

Muesli and coffee then I'm off out into the wild

TangerineSteve17 said:
This is almost on topic. But we've been given a parrot type thing to mind and a few fish in a tank for a few weeks while the owners are on holiday. This bird has been in a cage for most of it's life. It doesn't get let out. I look it and think is there anything crueler than locking something up with wings in a small cage on it's own for it's entire life.

Let it out the cage then

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.