Bird Thread

Len Rum said:
idahoblues said:
Just wondering if there are any birders out there, working at a house today with a pair of nesting `Swainson's hawks' in the back yard. The male kept diving me all day from over 100 feet and pulling out of it's decent about 15 feet above my head. I was not hassling the nest but love watching them do their thing. In the last few days have seen a golden eagle, multiple bald eagles, sandhill cranes, herons, marsh harriers, two great horned owls ospreys, kingfishers, wax wings swallows, sparrows, house finches, siskins, robins, gold finches, gross beaks

must stop with the whisky for tonight
Bloody hell that sounds fantastic mate.
Collared Doves,Magpies , Blackbirds and Wood Pigeons mainly here.
By the way are you actually on the Scotch whisky or the Bourbon (headbanger stuff).
It's some Iowa bourbon whiskey, won some prize at a state fair last year and it's pretty `kin good

Wow Idaho are there any downsides to where you live? Apart from the snow?

I have a cat so no birds within 100ft of our garden, I see the occasional pigeon fly over and an annoying blackbird sits on the chimney opposite tweeting every morning at first light.

TS that is so sad - set it free :)

I am seriously thinking about it. They're clearly sick to do that to a bird. But they're my ex wife's friends, And I've let my disgust be known. They'll know I'll have let it go free on purpose. If I get my mad up I might do it. :)

I have seen a yellow hammer a couple of times recently when out with my dog, hadn't ever seen one round here before. Blackbirds are my favourite garden bird - they are always so busy.

Celeste said:
I have seen a yellow hammer a couple of times recently when out with my dog, hadn't ever seen one round here before. Blackbirds are my favourite garden bird - they are always so busy.

130277_P001_Blackbird.png

Bluemoons official avian busy ****.

dazdon said:
Celeste said:

130277_P001_Blackbird.png

Bluemoons official avian busy c**t.

Haha that's brilliant, love it!

NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
bigyear.gif

I'm hoping today to see some of the following

Black Grouse
Black-throated Diver
Buzzard
Capercaille
Common Gull
Common Sandpiper
Cuckoo
Curlew
Dipper
Dotterel
Dunlin
Golden Eagle
Greenshank
Greylag Goose
Hen Harrier
Hooded Crow
Meadow Pipit
Merlin
Osprey
Peregrine Falcon
Ptarmigan
Raven
Red Grouse
Red Kite
Red-throated Diver
Ring Ouzel
Scottish Crossbill
Snipe
Snow Bunting
Stonechat
Wheatear
White-tailed Eagle

Thats a great list, good luck the only Hen Harrier I've seen was on Mull since the arse wipes killed the only breeding pair in the Lancashire vales. You're mates over in Easter Ross had a fair cull 16 Red Kites and 6 Buzzards poisoned.
So good luck and lets look after our feathered friends.

big gaz said:
NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
bigyear.gif

I'm hoping today to see some of the following

Black Grouse
Black-throated Diver
Buzzard
Capercaille
Common Gull
Common Sandpiper
Cuckoo
Curlew
Dipper
Dotterel
Dunlin
Golden Eagle
Greenshank
Greylag Goose
Hen Harrier
Hooded Crow
Meadow Pipit
Merlin
Osprey
Peregrine Falcon
Ptarmigan
Raven
Red Grouse
Red Kite
Red-throated Diver
Ring Ouzel
Scottish Crossbill
Snipe
Snow Bunting
Stonechat
Wheatear
White-tailed Eagle

Thats a great list, good luck the only Hen Harrier I've seen was on Mull since the arse wipes killed the only breeding pair in the Lancashire vales. You're mates over in Easter Ross had a fair cull 16 Red Kites and 6 Buzzards poisoned.
So good luck and lets look after our feathered friends.

We are off to Mull in three weeks. Looking forward to it and a bit of bird spotting hopefully.

Seen a finch yesterday gathering nesting material off a weed. Green with orange beak. Always see a heron when I'm walking up the Mersey. Seen a jay in the front garden recently too.

UUblue if you do not see any birds on Mull you need to go to spec savers. Can I recermend the Fish Cafe in Tobermory fantastic sea food.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.