Birmingham Away (moved to Wed)

Notts County 30th Jan, then Birmingham 1st Feb WTF !

Can anyone explain why we are playing our FA Cup game on Sunday 30th, then Birmingham only TWO days later ? instead of playing Notts County on Saturday 29th ?

Re: Notts County 30th Jan, then Birmingham 1st Feb WTF !

we have to play brum on weds surely!

I rang supporter services about this today and they couldn't confirm this would be moved to Wed 2nd but said that it was being discussed.

I am keeping an eye on the website for an update.

Impeccable One said:
Can anyone explain why we are playing our FA Cup game on Sunday 30th, then Birmingham only TWO days later ? instead of playing Notts County on Saturday 29th ?

So Bobby Manc can change his ubiquitous "We play every three days" quote to every two days :o)

Nuts though. But our squad could cope with it, are the other prem teams are having to do the same thing?

TV rights I'm guessing mate; it wasn't our choice to play on the Sunday...ITV just chose our game for viewing! You have to face fixtures like 2 in 3 days though...I remember Rangers playing on a Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday again; think it was the UEFA Cup final season because they got to the final of domestic cups too :)

Yup. Everyone else is playing on the Saturday except for two matches, but they wanted ours on TV so we got shoved back to the 30th.

I find it odd that WHU are playing FA cup on Sun at 2pm as well as us. Are they on tv?

The reason i mention it is that they have had their game on 1st Feb v Blackpool moved to Wed 2nd, so it seems there shouldnt be an issue for our game to be moved. Shame for blues who have already made arrangements though.

us and arsenal to play Sunday-Tuesday at the moment.cant see Mr wenger having that!

mcfcliam said:
So what happens to the Blues who have made plans for the Tuesday but can't make it on Wednesday?

I'm in this situation.
Better than City getting beat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.