Bit more info regarding new kits...

Eggsy said:
scottyboi said:
Why can we not keep these kits seriously getting fed up of 3 new shirts coming out every year.

These are the best we have had for yonks why get rid of them :S
Agreed we used to take the p*** out of the Rags for bringing new shirts out every season, and now we are doing it ourselves.

I supposed that is the price that we will have to pay for the extra resource's being put into the club by our new owners.
But it's even before that. The last shirt we wore for two years was the Reebok one with the navy and white flashes in 2004-06.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Whats all this maroon stuff about?

Oooooooh maroon. Won the cup in maroon! It's definitely a lucky colour. And in our pomp of late '60s early '70s think we wore the sky blue, maroon and white hooped socks. Should always have a bit of maroon in there somewhere. Worth a couple of goals a season!

stanman said:
jimharri said:
Didn't realise that; thanks for the heads up. I could have swore that I read on here some time back that we had sold the rights to the old circular badge (during the Franny era).

The coat of arms pisses united off because they are not allowed to use it
Bcoz they're not in manchester :)

julio jordio said:
......as promised a few weeks ago.

Home kit is changing but only minor details (maroon will be on the socks) and the club are pushing for maroon names and numbers but the premier league are against it for some reason. Strange one.
New away kit, all navy with hooped navy/white socks. Mate said 'it's class'.
Third kit is staying.
getting as bad as the scum changing evey bloody season

Not happy about the 3rd kit, but its not un-common for a 3rd kit to stay around for about 2 years or so. Im a fan of the maroon kits, I really liked the 3rd edition in 2002/03. I look forward to the when they supposedly get leaked like last year, :P

jimharri said:
Norb said:
The old badge is a registered trademark of Manchester City. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.ipo.gov.uk/types/tm/t-os/t-find/t-find-number?detailsrequested=C&trademark=986168" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ipo.gov.uk/types/tm/t-os/t-f ... ark=986168</a>

and the trademark has been renewed in the club's name through to 2017
Didn't realise that; thanks for the heads up. I could have swore that I read on here some time back that we had sold the rights to the old circular badge (during the Franny era).

Swales era... Was owned by Eddie Phillips, the guy who held the franchise to all our merchandise at the time...

Norb said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
I was aware of that, i just dont see the new found facination of putting it on home kit, any history of it on home kit before?

Maroon featured on the home strip from 1966 to 1972

Only as two maroon bands on the sock tops... NEVER on the shirt.. Message to City... Keep the shirt as is....

jimharri said:
mancmackem said:
A lot of people are talking about the maroon, but a navy away kit? Just seems strange to me.
We had a navy kit with a red and white sash in the early seventies. Think it might have been a third kit, to go with the white kit with the blue and red sash.

I had that kit... it was more of a royal Blue, than a navy blue...

Wheelsy said:
Eggsy said:
Agreed we used to take the p*** out of the Rags for bringing new shirts out every season, and now we are doing it ourselves.

I supposed that is the price that we will have to pay for the extra resource's being put into the club by our new owners.
But it's even before that. The last shirt we wore for two years was the Reebok one with the navy and white flashes in 2004-06.

Dead right mate. This is the reason I've bought my last shirt, 2 years ago. We lambasted all the greedy ba....ds who did this to their fans and now we change MOST of our KITS (why do we need three?) every year.Its not like we need the money !
I feel for you fella's with young kids, your kit bills must be bigger than your mortgages

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.