Bitcoin (cryptocurrency)

I am so glad I didn't put a cent into this last Christmas. It's done. Only people hanging in now are the bad gamblers desperate for it to re-gain it's value. It won't.

I am so glad I didn't put a cent into this last Christmas. It's done. Only people hanging in now are the bad gamblers desperate for it to re-gain it's value. It won't.
Currency investments are a tricky enough game when you're dealing with stable currencies that reflect actual value, I'm sure a few made money off this but you can make money off roulette over a short time span if you get lucky, doesn't make it a good decision to play.

Currency investments are a tricky enough game when you're dealing with stable currencies that reflect actual value, I'm sure a few made money off this but you can make money off roulette over a short time span if you get lucky, doesn't make it a good decision to play.

I was listening to Jordan Belfort(The Wolf of Wall Street) taking about bubbles over the weekend and he nailed it. As soon as your taxi driver or barber are telling you to invest in something it's time to run. That's exactly what happened here.

Early adaptors made a killing if they were smart enough to get out fast. Unless a crypto is tied to a physical asset I just don't see the value. I actually think sweatcoin as a concept holds more value than these big name cryptos.

(Hypocritcally I've actually come up with a great concept for one but need to find a very good web developer to come in with me on it).

I was listening to Jordan Belfort(The Wolf of Wall Street) taking about bubbles over the weekend and he nailed it. As soon as your taxi driver or barber are telling you to invest in something it's time to run. That's exactly what happened here.

Early adaptors made a killing if they were smart enough to get out fast. Unless a crypto is tied to a physical asset I just don't see the value. I actually think sweatcoin as a concept holds more value than these big name cryptos.

(Hypocritcally I've actually come up with a great concept for one but need to find a very good web developer to come in with me on it).
Well that's it, if you're lucky enough to get in on the right one early and disciplined enough to get out when you've made money, even then a lot of these cryptocurrency brands would have died on their arses early.

These currencies value was essentially tied to their strength as a fad, so extremely volatile, unpredictable and short lived.

The quote isn't a bad one, you'll never make big money doing what everyone does.
Seriously though, the country we're in? Invest in urban property, even as part of a fund if you don't want to go the value of a full property. The purchase value v rent value is ridiculous and property always has a bottom value it won't go past even in a crash.

Seriously though, the country we're in? Invest in urban property, even as part of a fund if you don't want to go the value of a full property. The purchase value v rent value is ridiculous and property always has a bottom value it won't go past even in a crash.

Indeed, the only thing is now isn't the time to get in as the share price on REIT's and developers shares are high.

As an exercise I took 10,000 in pretend money in Jan and chose some investments. Wanted to see how they fare over a year as a dry run before investing actual cash.

Weirdly the only two that lost value are the property shares!

Indeed, the only thing is now isn't the time to get in as the share price on REIT's and developers shares are high.

As an exercise I took 10,000 in pretend money in Jan and chose some investments. Wanted to see how they fare over a year as a dry run before investing actual cash.

Weirdly the only two that lost value are the property shares!
Dividends as well as share value, a good property investment brings in revenue to cover investment costs and leaves you with a saleable asset in the long term. Our old place in Clontarf is rented, after mortgage fees and costs I'm lucky to make a few hundred in the year but in 14 years I'll have a retirement fund. Luckily the tenants are good so it's a happy story (renting it at under market value to encourage them to stay long term as it's probably the better option).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.