Bitcoin (cryptocurrency)

I just think with £175m at stake, some tech company could extract the data at a chip level bypassing the encryption.
Wouldn't be cheap, but surely there must be a way.
The Israelis would crack it in hour an hour!

Or it could all be an hoax just to advertise the security of the said brand...

I just think with £175m at stake, some tech company could extract the data at a chip level bypassing the encryption.

COUNT ON IRONKEY’S RUGGEDIZED DESIGN AND METAL CHASSIS​

Internal components are sealed with epoxy to protect against tampering. Additionally, the IronKey Basic exceeds military waterproof standards (MIL-STD 810F).

I will go with your hoax scenario

For those not so familiar with a bitcoin buying and security.

Most people buy bitcoin on coinbasepro, or kraken. (commonly referred to as exchanges)
There are other, bigger exchanges, that cater more to the Asian people.

To buy bitcoin, you join your exchange of choice, just like joining a bookie firm.
After depositing, you then buy bitcoin(think minimum transaction £20)

After buying you will now have 2 balances( one for unspent money, and one for your bitcoin)

In the past some exchanges have been hacked, and people have lost their coins, nowadays things are different, Coinbase exchange are planning to float with a valuation of 75 billion dollars, which if floated in the UK would make it one of the top 10 ftse company's. So fair to say leaving your coins there should be pretty safe.

However the idea of bitcoin is to be your own boss of your finances, and beholden to no company or entity. So most people get their own wallet and transfer the coins from the exchange to their own wallet.

if people are interested I will explain this step to your own wallet(where the guy with 7002 has come unstuck)

Most people buy bitcoin on coinbasepro, or kraken. (commonly referred to as exchanges)

To buy bitcoin, you join your exchange of choice, just like joining a bookie firm.

After buying you will now have 2 balances( one for unspent money, and one for your bitcoin)

In the past some exchanges have been hacked, and people have lost their coins, nowadays things are different, Coinbase exchange are planning to float with a valuation of 75 billion dollars, which if floated in the UK would make it one of the top 10 ftse company's. So fair to say leaving your coins there should be pretty safe.

However the idea of bitcoin is to be your own boss of your finances, and beholden to no company or entity. So most people get their own wallet and transfer the coins from the exchange to their own wallet.

if people are interested I will explain this step to your own wallet(where the guy with 7002 has come unstuck)

I'm interested. Always wanted to know how you get your money out. So this guy remembers his password. How does he get his £175m ?

Some guy on Twitter says he can crack for 10%. Who knows?

Thanks Zerox, I’m very interested

Thanks Zerox, I’m very interested
So am I. Really dont understand how Bitcoin works but with all the talk of a monetary reset i am very interested in buying Bitcoin.
One thing I do not under is that if all currencies are reset/devalued will Bitcoin maintain its value?

To move bitcoin from the exchange to your own custody.
You need a wallet.

There are 2 kinds of wallet, hot or cold.

Hot just means that you have the wallet on your computer, or phone.
Cold means your wallet is on a dedicated usb, which is not connected to the internet.

Most people have both hot and cold, the hot wallet will generally have a very small amount of coin for everyday use, whilst major funds are kept in the cold wallet.
The reason for people having both is the fact that if your computer is hacked, or stolen your bitcoin is at risk.

HOT WALLLET
There are many brands of hot wallets I use Electrum available from electrum.org, they are free and you do not need any coin to download wallet.

COLD WALLET
Again many different brands, most popular are Trezor and Ledger. These cost around £80
Do not be tempted to buy on ebay etc, as they can be tampered with, only buy from official company.

SETUP

Whatever, hot or cold the setup is the same and simple.
Follow the instructions at each step, and remember they are not joking when they ask you to write down the seed phrase they will provide you with.

At the end of setup they will ask you to choose a password.

So you now have a password and seed phrase (a seed phrase is 12 words provided by the wallet)
to get your head round this just think the following>

The password relates to the actual device your wallet is on(computer, phone, Trezor, etc), and the seed phrase is not needed whilst you are using the original device.

The SEED PHRASE though is the be all and end all.
If you lose access to the original device, you can regain access by just installing another wallet and entering the seed phrase.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.