Bitter, Bitter Spurs Fans.

Clubber said:
As we have seen in previous threads, they have spent a similar amount to us over a 5 year period.

Sorry but this is absolutely ludicrous. I know stats can prove anything but c'mon, are you really comparing our spending to yours?

First of all, looking at the last 5 years is fairly misleading straight off the bat, because first of all almost all of your first team was bought in the last 2 years. I personally don't follow Man City's team very closely, but who in your starting XI was bought more than two years ago? Onuoha? As far as I know Ireland and Richards aren't starters for you.

Looking at the last 2/3 years spending is much more accurate to compare spending IMO, since as I have mentioned thats when most of your players have come in.

Furthermore, how many £20m players have you sold in the last few years? We got £30m+ for Berbatov, £20m+ for Keane, £18m for Carrick. I'd venture a guess that those three alone probably equal Man City sales for the same period, but I haven't really done the leg work. Add in other sales throughout the years and Im confident we have got substantially more money in from player sales which has then been put back into buying players, which inflates our spending figures.

I honestly don't know a single Spurs fan who would trade our positions right now. Sure you will end up in the Champions League eventually and might even end up with a title, but theres always that fear that you will be left in financial ruin if/when the money runs out. Even if you don't have to pay the transfer money back, if they decide to up and leave you'll be left with alot of mega contracts that you wont be able to afford.

Skashion said:
Spurs fans are the most deluded I've ever come across. You'd think from the way they talk about their history - and dismiss that of others, that they're on a par with the rags and the red dippers. The 'sad' reality is that they've won two league titles, the same as us, and are nowhere near the likes of Arsenal, Everton and Villa. In fact, I'd much prefer to have Nottingham Forest's trophy cabinet than Spur's.

8 FA Cups and a few cups in Europe, albeit in junior competitions, isn't to be sniffed at to be fair.

spurs have been building there side towards the champs league for a lot longer than we have, what basically is worrying them is the fact that we are catching up fast, they know that we will probably take their place next season, i can,t wait fot city too knock then out of the europa next season?

Let's be honest "their eating at the top table" and deservedly so, but that will attract a fair few johnny come lately types. Let's not get to wound up about a pleb who's not done his research. Plebs are on every forum.

Clubber said:
What's this about 'Buying' success.

The only graduate they have had in recent years is Jamie O'Hara, and they don't rate him, most of their youth is bought at the age of about 17-18, when most of the hard work is done.

As we have seen in previous threads, they have spent a similar amount to us over a 5 year period.

I have hated spurs for a long time, and it doesn't look like its going to change.

Even Jamie O'Hara started at Arsenal.

Ledley King is the only regular who came through the youth set-up

THFC86 said:
I like how you base the opinions of all Spurs fans from the opinions on one obscure forum. Nice touch
spurs fans are the north london equivilent of city fans. take no notice.

they can be bitter, because whatever they feel were still going onwards and upwards.. who gives one what other fans think of us now? it's our time so lets enjoy it.. we've been in the dark too long!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.