Black Friday

Two Gun Bob

Everything we do in life emulates our kissing cousins in the United States from daft Donald duck to the irrepressible Donald Trump and all their fine celebrities that fall out of tv screens fawning for your pounds shillings and pence.

Black Friday is here to stay and promises to offer the best bargains ever in 2016 to get your juices flowing. There will be much gnashing of teeth and wailing of the forsaken but rabid consumerism is what we are about in the 21st century and even Buck Rogers cant put a stop to it.

Last edited:
Black Friday is all about deals. A 43 inch TV is REDUCED to £399. But guess what. It's not sold at £499 in the past six months. That's because it doesn't have DLNA or something else all the recent tellys have now.

It's an american thing that comes no where near boxing day / new year sales in this country, especially where electrical items are concerned. They produce scaled down models cheaper to make with bells and whistles missing to offer GREAT REDUCTIONS.

Apologies if this isn't relevant I got lost in the OP and went for a day dream :)

Taxi, if you've picked your telly and googled what's new and what's end of line, you know what you want, and your number comes up, go for it. If not, hang on 'till Boxing Day or New Years Day and try John Lewis with the 3/5 year guarantee. Avoid the TB Riddled Badger trampoline though..

Spend £500 to save £100 - yeah right, just a gimmick to catch out the hard of thinking.

New toaster or telly when the current one works well, each to their own.

I was one of the few that actually supported you when you were getting bummed off that landlady !

And anyway this dude would consider it an honour to spend £500 and save £100
For the hard of thinking that is a 20% return on my money when the banks will give you at best 1.5% return @£7.50 a year and that's on a santander top payer account.

Bless you for your valuable input entity known as Corky
Different Corky.

I was one of the few that actually supported you when you were getting bummed off that landlady !

And anyway this dude would consider it an honour to spend £500 and save £100
For the hard of thinking that is a 20% return on my money when the banks will give you at best 1.5% return @£7.50 a year and that's on a santander top payer account.

Bless you for your valuable input entity known as Corky

Not the same fella.

And you are not getting any return on your money. You are 500 quid down.

I'm after a new laptop so will be clicking like a Clicky thing.....if I find nothing suitable at a very good price I'll hold onto to the January sales.

Last thing anyone should do is buy for the sake of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.