Blackburn Away.........

I'll never forget going to Ewood in the (old) 2nd Div back in 1989, but for the wrong reasons. We were in the Darwen End when it was still terracing. Gerry Taggart played at right back and those on here who remember him will recall that he was so left footed it was untrue. Used his right peg for standing on and almost every time the ball came to him on his right he sliced it into the crowd. He was that bad it was embarrassing. Blackburn hammered us 4-0 and me and my mates came out of the ground sick as pigs.

Then we heard about what was going on at Hillsborough that afternoon....................kind of put it all into perspective.

A better memory of Ewood was my son's first ever away game when Robinho equalised in the final minute. Talk about relief after being 2-0 down !
Felt like we'd won !

Got great seats this time - 17 rows back behind the goal. Right in the middle of the Poznan. Bring it on.

BillCarlisle Ex-Manchester said:
I'll never forget going to Ewood in the (old) 2nd Div back in 1989, but for the wrong reasons. We were in the Darwen End when it was still terracing. Gerry Taggart played at right back and those on here who remember him will recall that he was so left footed it was untrue. Used his right peg for standing on and almost every time the ball came to him on his right he sliced it into the crowd. He was that bad it was embarrassing. Blackburn hammered us 4-0 and me and my mates came out of the ground sick as pigs.

Then we heard about what was going on at Hillsborough that afternoon....................kind of put it all into perspective.

Remember that game well. Mainly for the Gerry Taggart at right back and my mate saying that he had heard on the radio that people had died at the semi final.

Ive never had problems before with ticket office until today but...

Got an email from city today thanking me for the purchase of 10 Blackburn tickets £340.

Unfortunately they are not mine (got mine already).

Took me 45mins to get through to custmer services to tell them. They assure me its not my bank card thats been used (we'll see). The girl didnt know what to do about it - she says the wrong seasoncard no. must have been used.
She also said they may already be posted to me!

They are supposed to be getting back to me within 15mins (3 hours ago).

I tried phoning back but after 15mins waiting to get through I gave up as I am at work.

Hopefully they sort it out for fellow blues sake.

geoff hammond said:
Ive never had problems before with ticket office until today but...

Got an email from city today thanking me for the purchase of 10 Blackburn tickets £340.

Unfortunately they are not mine (got mine already).

Took me 45mins to get through to custmer services to tell them. They assure me its not my bank card thats been used (we'll see). The girl didnt know what to do about it - she says the wrong seasoncard no. must have been used.
She also said they may already be posted to me!

They are supposed to be getting back to me within 15mins (3 hours ago).

I tried phoning back but after 15mins waiting to get through I gave up as I am at work.

Hopefully they sort it out for fellow blues sake.
Ill give u 300 for the lot!!! ;-)

Taking the girlfriend with me ... her family are all blackburn but she has been converted now, she will be there with her city top on in the away end :D

Train from Victoria is always a laugh for this one.
Anyone else getting off at Darwen?
We do this every year and is a good day - easy to get a good few pints then late taxi round the housing estate to the away end.

Mental_blue said:
BillCarlisle Ex-Manchester said:

Remember that game well. Mainly for the Gerry Taggart at right back and my mate saying that he had heard on the radio that people had died at the semi final.

Me too... we got absolutely hammered... can't remember who, but their striker scored a hat-trick... then driving home, some-one put a cardboard note up in one of the houses saying people had died and we turned the radio on and found out... what a shocking day...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.