Blackburn & Ronaldinho

TheMightyQuinn said:
Weren't we in for Fat Ron not so long back?

Pretty sure every rag I knew pissed themselves and said he'd never come to a club like us and nor would any other big name.

Let's not get giddy.

Think we were linked with him a few weeks ago in some of the leading media outlets such as the Sun and the Star ;-), for Blackburn it would be the biggest signing since Shearer but I can't help feeling it is all a publicity stunt to show the fans and the media of their intent, one thing for sure our Balo would have some competition for the girls in the nightclubs.

discopop said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

Pretty sure every rag I knew pissed themselves and said he'd never come to a club like us and nor would any other big name.

Let's not get giddy.

Think we were linked with him a few weeks ago in some of the leading media outlets such as the Sun and the Star ;-), for Blackburn it would be the biggest signing since Shearer but I can't help feeling it is all a publicity stunt to show the fans and the media of their intent, one thing for sure our Balo would have some competition for the girls in the nightclubs.

I'd feel happy for them a little bit to be honest but only because the 1 Blackburn fan I know is a nice lad.

Let's not forget that most people would have laughed this time last year if we said we'd have Silva, Yaya etc etc.

The fact he can pull with that hair and those teeth tells me that I need to spend less time worrying what I look like and more time figuring out how to vastly improve my income!

Gray said:
The new owners of Blackburn appear to be barking mad - why would any international super-star want to go to that backwater, even one who is patently past his sell by date?

To be honest Ronaldinho isn't an international super-star anymore. If he had been as good as he is now throughout his career he'd have never played for Barca, never won any Balon d'Or 's, never been picked to play for Brazil, never played for AC Milan, and to be honest would only have ever played for the likes of Blackburn or any other midtable standard clubs in any other leagues.

TheMightyQuinn said:
discopop said:

I'd feel happy for them a little bit to be honest but only because the 1 Blackburn fan I know is a nice lad.

Let's not forget that most people would have laughed this time last year if we said we'd have Silva, Yaya etc etc.

The fact he can pull with that hair and those teeth tells me that I need to spend less time worrying what I look like and more time figuring out how to vastly improve my income!

I refer you too the oft quoted Mrs Merton classic to Debbie Mcgee

I wonder how much of the transfer fee they'd recoup in shirt sales etc? Probably a fair chunk. The real worry is the seeming lack of communication at the club. According to this football predictions blog, the club announced their intention to buy him on Facebook(!) someone then denied it, before someone else said it was true. I'd worry if I were a Blackburn fan.

discopop said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

I refer you too the oft quoted Mrs Merton classic to Debbie Mcgee

That's just bitter nonsense. He obviously used magic to snare Miss McGee not money.

Gray said:
The new owners of Blackburn appear to be barking mad - why would any international super-star want to go to that backwater, even one who is patently past his sell by date?

You don't happen to work for Talksport by any chance, as that was the arrogant attitude they had about us when we first got the money..."Why would he sign for City, they've got no history, blah de blah..."

Let's not all get giddy and start being as arrogant as they were, eh?

TheMightyQuinn said:

Let's not get giddy.

The recent links were just made up by the press I think. Frank definitely wanted to bring him to City in his time here, Barca wanted to sell him to us but Ron was very definite that he didn't want to come here.

Nowadays, I don't think another club with the stature of Milan would take a punt on him, so although I think he'll go back to Brazil, it wouldn't surprise me hugely if he dropped a level and joined a "lesser" club in Europe. Blackburn might be a bit too much of a drop mind you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.