Blackpool accommodation tips pls

I last endured it for a stag in our 93:20 season. Several refused to go as they hate Blackpool but he was a school friend so I went.

I’ve aged lots in the last few years and feel a quality old pub we can take over for the night would be better now.

Blackpool was exciting as a child but I’d rather not go again.

I last endured it for a stag in our 93:20 season. Several refused to go as they hate Blackpool but he was a school friend so I went.

I’ve aged lots in the last few years and feel a quality old pub we can take over for the night would be better now.

Blackpool was exciting as a child but I’d rather not go again.

When we moved here (Poulton le Fylde) we expected to avoid Blackpool completely. But have been a few times for gigs at The Waterloo (excellent venue, rough area on South Shore) Shows at the Tower Ballroom and comedy club near North Pier.
It certainly lives up to it's reputation as a shithole in many ways and areas, however it has it's good points too.

Abingdon Street Market is excellent for food and drink and stalls, and yet there are some dodgy as feck pubs around it.
Then there is a great cask ale etc pub called Cask & Tap on nearby Topping Street. While literally across the road is one of the shittiest looking 'Sports Pubs'. We were sat Cask enjoying a pint in nice surroundings, whilst watching across the road, people on mobility scooters roll up and others came from within the pub to buy their shoplifted swag.
Michael Wan's Wok Inn is an Asian 'street food' place right opposite North Pier which does some of the best food I've ever had. Next door is a bar like something from the crappest part of Benidorm.

Blackpool certainly contradicts itself.

When we moved here (Poulton le Fylde) we expected to avoid Blackpool completely. But have been a few times for gigs at The Waterloo (excellent venue, rough area on South Shore) Shows at the Tower Ballroom and comedy club near North Pier.
It certainly lives up to it's reputation as a shithole in many ways and areas, however it has it's good points too.

Abingdon Street Market is excellent for food and drink and stalls, and yet there are some dodgy as feck pubs around it.
Then there is a great cask ale etc pub called Cask & Tap on nearby Topping Street. While literally across the road is one of the shittiest looking 'Sports Pubs'. We were sat Cask enjoying a pint in nice surroundings, whilst watching across the road, people on mobility scooters roll up and others came from within the pub to buy their shoplifted swag.
Michael Wan's Wok Inn is an Asian 'street food' place right opposite North Pier which does some of the best food I've ever had. Next door is a bar like something from the crappest part of Benidorm.

Blackpool certainly contradicts itself.
That's a fair summary, it's knowing where to go, we tend to go out midweek if just having a drink etc and know a good 10 pubs that are pretty good and the same amount I've set foot only once in.

We were in Poulton when England played the QF, now it was nice wherever we went (bit like stayly Vegas in the good days), no bother lads who could hold a conversation and pretty girls etc. biggest issue was getting home, no buses after early evening and Ubers were sparse.

Stayed at Norbreck Castle loads of times and love the place,swimming pool and sauna,great breakfast and evening meal,met some ‘interesting’ characters there
Great walks down the beach and prom across the road

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.