Blackpool away pre-season?

The days of Asian and American tours were for the future, i remember a pre season game at Blackburn Texaco cup ? mid seventies, and another friendly in Lancashire at Great Harwood Town, i bet nobody on here was at that one.

The days of Asian and American tours were for the future, i remember a pre season game at Blackburn Texaco cup ? mid seventies, and another friendly in Lancashire at Great Harwood Town, i bet nobody on here was at that one.
I was at Great Harwood mid 80s and an easy win. Was more a City XI though.

Just been reading up about a friendly I went to in July 2000 against Drogheda United.
Our new signing Alfie Halland missed the game due to domestic reasons.
Wonder what that that was?

Just been reading up about a friendly I went to in July 2000 against Drogheda United.
Our new signing Alfie Halland missed the game due to domestic reasons.
Wonder what that that was?
It is a big blonde mystery that for sure.

1978-79 - Mick Channon scored the equaliser. We strolled to a 3-0 win in the replay at Maine Road.
The 3-0 stroll featured Tommy Booth's horrendous penalty miss into The North Stand I think.
More like a Rugby conversion, it was high enough.

The 3-0 stroll featured Tommy Booth's horrendous penalty miss into The North Stand I think.
More like a Rugby conversion, it was high enough.
I thought Tommy's penalty miss was against Stoke in 81-82. We won 2-0 at home and missed a pen (IIRC), lost 2-0 in the second leg and then won on penalties. When asked about him saving Stoke's 10th or 11th penalty Joes Corrigan said he had to save it as he didn't fancy taking one himself.
We played them in 80-81 drawing 1-1 away and winning 3-0 at Maine Road so you could be right though.

I thought Tommy's penalty miss was against Stoke in 81-82. We won 2-0 at home and missed a pen (IIRC), lost 2-0 in the second leg and then won on penalties. When asked about him saving Stoke's 10th or 11th penalty Joes Corrigan said he had to save it as he didn't fancy taking one himself.
We played them in 80-81 drawing 1-1 away and winning 3-0 at Maine Road so you could be right though.
How long have you been going?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.