Blackpool away pre-season?

I thought Tommy's penalty miss was against Stoke in 81-82. We won 2-0 at home and missed a pen (IIRC), lost 2-0 in the second leg and then won on penalties. When asked about him saving Stoke's 10th or 11th penalty Joes Corrigan said he had to save it as he didn't fancy taking one himself.
We played them in 80-81 drawing 1-1 away and winning 3-0 at Maine Road so you could be right though.
If they let him take another one after the Blackpool miss, they must have only wheeled him out for the laughs when we were coasting. Sure I'm right and you probably are too !

I went Friday night too I remember us all on the beach after turned a van over selling beach balls then caused all the donkeys to stampede funny as fuck but it was Aug 74

Was that the match/weekend when 'some' City fans rolled a boat on a trailer about 100 yards along the prom and tipped it onto the beach?

Or was that just me and my mates on a normal weekend out in Blackpool?

I thought Tommy's penalty miss was against Stoke in 81-82. We won 2-0 at home and missed a pen (IIRC), lost 2-0 in the second leg and then won on penalties. When asked about him saving Stoke's 10th or 11th penalty Joes Corrigan said he had to save it as he didn't fancy taking one himself.
We played them in 80-81 drawing 1-1 away and winning 3-0 at Maine Road so you could be right though.
First thing I thought of as I was there when Tommy blazed over the bar and it was definitely v Stoke at home in the year you give.
We won 9-8 - the only 2 players not to have taken a kick was Joe and Peter Fox their keeper.
Hartford missed for us in the first 5 but Lee Chapman blazed over and it went to sudden death.

In the 80 / 81 game in the first leg at Stoke, Tommy played the 2nd half in goal and kept a clean sheet after Joe went off injured

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.