Blackpool v CITY - Official Match Thread

BillyShears said:
That 45 from Blackpool was as good as anyones played against us this season. Credit where it's due. I still feel we'll go on and win it.

So do I.

christen at St Marks said:
stony said:
He's just come back from injury ffs.

not talking about today

Why post it on the match day thread then? I agree he's not good enough but slagging him off when it's his first match back is unfair. There's enough knee jerk mongs on the matchday thread already. Not saying you're a window licker but comments like that only encourage them.
Anyway it's starting again.

Shite, no pressing in the midfield and no support. May aswell be playing 4 - 2 - 2

Boateng Kompany Lescott Bridge
A.Johnson-------------?(barry/milner)
--------Tevez--Adebayor

Tevez gets the ball near the edge of their 18-yard box and there was absolutely no-one near him supporting from midfield. They make it look like rocket science.

stony said:
christen at St Marks said:
not talking about today

Why post it on the match day thread then? I agree he's not good enough but slagging him off when it's his first match back is unfair. There's enough knee jerk mongs on the matchday thread already. Not saying you're a window licker but comments like that only encourage them.
Anyway it's starting again.

Too true brother!

We'll fucking 'ave 'em.

I know this sounds a bit stupid considering my usually measured and tactical approach to the game, but to me, the team talk writes itself. Everybody has fallen behind, the chance is ours to take the initiative. Glory comes to those who seize their opportunities, those who don't are the footnotes of history. The black band on their arm signifies the blood and the very essence of Manchester City. Any time that they are feeling tired, that they are wondering whether or not running that 5 yards is worth it, they look at that band. Whilst they may not know much about Malc, the fact that they are wearing the band signifies that they understand he was important. One of the men who built this club, who epitomises everything that City are, the man that lit the spark that allows them to shine, is gone.
The City fans are hurting. Manchester is hurting. Football is hurting. There is no better time to become legends, mistakes will be tolerated; lack of effort will not. Today they show us that they aren't overpaid mercenaries, they are the new generation. They are players for the greatest team in the land. In the next 45 minutes, those 11 men have the chance to show the world who they are. They are City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.