Blackpool v CITY - Official Match Thread

thought blackpool had a good attempt and brought the game to us we were on our backheels at times, mostly in first half for failure of commanding our mid.

they had a share of goal chances but we did hit the bar a few times.

Charlie Adams looks a decent player for them.

I thought we lost some attacking play with Bridge on, and Ade is really a quagmire. Hope Mario would complete that space.

uwe282828 said:
Great 3 points,credit mancini he gave ade his chance and he didnt take it,introduced Silva just in time to change the game.we must admit the decisions went our way today.

Said at HT that Mancini would prob go 4-5-1- it changed the game - well done Bob
Not great and Blackers deserve a lot of credit - Adam - where the fook did he come from? Central defence immense again - lucky today - the goal looked off side too

Still not convinced though but I´ll take it - must improve!!

Don't know what to feel. I think most of all, i'm delighted that we are starting to win games like this. Not sure we would have last year. When our team work is not at its best and others are up for it.

Other impressions:

De Jong: I thought all this press about his tackling got to him. Big reason we had so little possession
Milner got better and better.
Bridge and Boateng weren't great throughout.
Kompany was amazing again.
Silva better start the next game, but not for Johnson--for Barry, who seemed tired from kickoff.
Viera was brilliant--never thought I'd say that--a 10 minute wonder.
and carlos , we will never believe that you don't love this game.
We still haven't given away an average goal. Both their goals were clever.

Blue Sinclair, Zinaldo and co you must be gutted, but thanks for the entertainment.

Teams don't just roll over and die because you're in the top 4, and have spent Hundreds of Millions. They play with freedom, and give their all.

Why does Andy Gray feel the need to criticise City for everything, he is so biased and its really grating! He even criticised the way the fans celebrated today the saddo! I suggest that every City fan sends him a pair of glasses to the Sky Sports studio, imagine the mail sack arriving...... lets do it!

as mancini said, to build a great team takes time not only good players, you need to form a top team mentality. And great teams are texactly he one that wins matches like this one. Hopefully they are building this kind of mentality

Rammyblues said:
Great win, but fuck me city you will never ever shake that typical city tag another set of fingernails eaten.

Ah, but the new "typical City" will just be giving us heart attacks on the way to a win tgat should have been comfortable and was anything but, not losing said game.

Whisper it, but the tide has shifted.

Why would i be mad about city win,i hate man utd like no other,i say things about ade because apart from that one season,he has always been abysmal,looks lethargic,not interested despite earning a fortune.

But most importantly him being on the pitch hinders tevez play and to me carlos is the one player we want to be playing well so if it means ade sitting so be it.

Lescott and bridge are way too slow and that made the left hand side of the defence too vulnerable to flick ons and on running midfielders,they should only play in case of emergency.

Boateng is going to take some to get accustomed to the way and tempo of this league but he is young so he should get there,micah can deputise for now.

Adam johnson really needs to make his game more team orientated because whenever he isn't dribbling or shooting at goals he seems rather clueless and not needed on the field as he doesn't track back well enough also,always out of position leaving boateng against 2 players today,better impact sub for now.

Milner got better as the game was coming to an end and he is clearly better on the right but his lack of pace and trickery is really minus,krasic for 12m pounds would have been better but he does work hard,i would play him alongside de jong because barry is just pants.

Good to see de jong staying on his feet,i hope he learns that he doesn't have to be lunging and flying into challenges to be effective,he won a lot of balls today just by staying up but he was left exposed by the slow and rubbish barry so can't blame him for the midfield problem today.

So lets just get this out of the way: the first half was one of the most pathetic football displays I have ever seen. We were slow, we were giving up possession way too easily, and we just didn't seem to have any sort of rhythm to our play. Ade, though he is a fantastic striker, didn't seem to be doing much good, and Carlos was pretty well contained. I wanted to pull my hair out after the first half. I sat there thinking "We lost. Its over. They have us beat." And, if they had some better strikers--strikers that could have turned over some of the chances we were giving them--they would have.

End of the first half, beginning of the second half was much better. We had a little more rhythm, we were stringing things together, getting some decent chances. Then, on comes Silva. After that, the match blew my mind. The two Tevez goals were phenomenal, and then Silva's wondergoal--WOW! That had me cheering in my seat! Much better display second half, and not just from City, either. Blackpool played some phenomenal football, top class stuff. The two goals they had were not lucky, they weren't flukes, they deserved to score those two. They were two phenomenal, very creative goals.

All in all, it was a cracker of a match. The beginning was pathetic, but towards the end it was just back and forth, back and forth. Even if City was to lose, It still would have been a great ending. But we really need to be preforming like that consistently, we can't rely on miracles anymore.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.