Blackpool Vs Spurs Tonight (Merged)

MCFC BOB said:
80s Shorts said:
so u still got that noose around ur neck u depressing btard.
Alright.

We play Fulham next weekend, and we've never won a game in which the official we have has been reffing. Spurs win next week and we don't, and they're level on points with us.

Just a thought.

Errr Spurs have got the Arse at home and then Wolves away - We have two home games Fulham & Wigan I know which two fixtures I would rather have.

Conceivably we win both and Spurs get two draws and the gap is 6 points and with our superior goal difference that would be effectively be 7 points.

Yes its all ifs, buts and maybes but it won't stop me enjoying tonights results and knowing that our chances have just been lifted quite significantly by that result !

By no means in the bag but it puts us back as favourites.

prem predictor says spuds dont play untill 6th march away to wolves is this correct ? if so we could find that we are 8pts clear before they kick a ball

MCFC BOB said:
However, Dzeko and Tevez playing well against a defeated and weary Notts County defence when the game was almost over doesn't mean they're "finally understanding eachother."

We have never had all three fit at the same time. Did you see the Dzeko assist to Tevez and the one Tevez returned? This shows they now understand each others movement better and this doesnt matter if its Notts or Barcelona it is a good thing as they can compliment each other. Its a relationship that takes games to build and what we saw was very promising. How bout we think the opposite and that we slaughter Fulham and go on a 5 game unbeaten run while Wolves suprise Spurs like they did United? Better than the gloom and doom aye?

didactic said:
MCFC BOB said:
However, Dzeko and Tevez playing well against a defeated and weary Notts County defence when the game was almost over doesn't mean they're "finally understanding eachother."

We have never had all three fit at the same time. Did you see the Dzeko assist to Tevez and the one Tevez returned? This shows they now understand each others movement better and this doesnt matter if its Notts or Barcelona it is a good thing as they can compliment each other. Its a relationship that takes games to build and what we saw was very promising. How bout we think the opposite and that we slaughter Fulham and go on a 5 game unbeaten run while Wolves suprise Spurs like they did United? Better than the gloom and doom aye?
Yes, I did see. I was at the game. But until they do it consistently and not just in one game against lower league opoposition who were tired and already well beaten, I won't believe that they now understand each other. I said, after Dzeko's excellent performance on Sunday, that I'll wait until he plays to the same standard against a Premier League team, hopefully starting against Fulham on Sunday.

I'm annoyed, though. I've been shouted at on here for criticising Dzeko ever since his first game. "Give him some fucking time", "he's only been here for 5 second. Don't judge him yet." Yet, if I'd said he was world class from day one, people would quote me and post "this" until the word "this" didn't exist anymore. I hate how anyone who is negative has their point immediately thrown out of the forum window by a small bunch of positive, sunny, smiley all happy people who would be patting me on the back if I said 4th spot was secure. We're City fans! I'm enjoying this ride just as much as anybody else, but I have pessimism in my blood.

I can try and see it that way, but why get my hopes up? Expecting a win and getting a win isn't anywhere near as satisfying as winning games you thought you were going to struggle in. Like we're feeling tonight. Did anyone honestly think Blackpool would beat Tottenham? I sure as hell didn't, and look how happy we all are.

But the bottom line is that the race for fourth is finally over, so I'm not celebrating. I'm remaining cautious because something, somewhere along the line WILL go wrong. That's football; that's City.

MCFC BOB said:
I still think that this Blackpool win was a huge let off for us. Surely Mancini and the lads can see that we can lose our top 4 status a lot quicker than we can gain it. And unless we start to pick up our form Tottenham will continue to be a danger. Our form has rapidly deteriorated in the past two months, with only 3 wins out of the last 8 -- that is not top four form. On other days Tottenham will start to convert the chances they had tonight and pick up the points. Spurs won't win every game from now until the end of the season, but we won't either. And Chelsea are still snapping at our heels as well.

Be careful, Blues. This is a good night, but it could all be ruined in 5 days' time.

Popular t school I guess with that spirit

SWP's back said:
MCFC BOB said:
I still think that this Blackpool win was a huge let off for us. Surely Mancini and the lads can see that we can lose our top 4 status a lot quicker than we can gain it. And unless we start to pick up our form Tottenham will continue to be a danger. Our form has rapidly deteriorated in the past two months, with only 3 wins out of the last 8 -- that is not top four form. On other days Tottenham will start to convert the chances they had tonight and pick up the points. Spurs won't win every game from now until the end of the season, but we won't either. And Chelsea are still snapping at our heels as well.

Be careful, Blues. This is a good night, but it could all be ruined in 5 days' time.

A popular, critically acclaimed comedian with that joke.

MCFC BOB said:
80s Shorts said:
so u still got that noose around ur neck u depressing btard.
Alright.

We play Fulham next weekend, and we've never won a game in which the official we have has been reffing. Spurs win next week and we don't, and they're level on points with us.

Just a thought.
See my thread<br /><br />-- Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:05 pm --<br /><br />
MCFC BOB said:
SWP's back said:
A popular, critically acclaimed comedian with that joke.
Same joke, different day eh

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.