Blackpool

The only time i ever got 'nicked' at a match was after a seventies friendly at Blackpool .......... i also passed my driving test there in the early nineties ...... i luv the place

....... C'mon Blackpool!

Looks like they've only got half a ground though!

s2z1hl.jpg

Am i the only one wanting a swansea cardiff play off final?

(oh and a lids millwar for the third division as well)

well, maybe just me and the financial controller of the Metropolitan Police

2zz7os6.jpg

Oh i do like to be beside the seaside
oh i do like to be beside the prom .....

'oh do feck off Waldorf!'

20f9fz9.jpg

JOGAMIGMOG said:
I spent many a happy day in Blackpool and they're a team I always look out for. Don't know how I'd feel about them if they actually got to the Prem as all the other teams I have a soft spot for are totally shite! :)

Anyway, if they did, there's no chance that we'd play them on a Sat or Sunday. It is nailed on for Monday night as it is with Liverpool, Everton, Rags. No way would the police have it these days I'm afraid.

Police have never moved us to monday night for any you mention. Early Saturday and Sunday if anything. Sat evening at Burnely, that was unexpected!

Corky said:
JOGAMIGMOG said:
I spent many a happy day in Blackpool and they're a team I always look out for. Don't know how I'd feel about them if they actually got to the Prem as all the other teams I have a soft spot for are totally shite! :)

Anyway, if they did, there's no chance that we'd play them on a Sat or Sunday. It is nailed on for Monday night as it is with Liverpool, Everton, Rags. No way would the police have it these days I'm afraid.

Police have never moved us to monday night for any you mention. Early Saturday and Sunday if anything. Sat evening at Burnely, that was unexpected!
i think he means when manchester or merseyside visit blackpool it will be moved to a monday

squirtyflower said:
Corky said:
i think he means when manchester or merseyside visit blackpool it will be moved to a monday

That the real reason why Andy Morrisson testimonial was cancelled? Or was it just the agent being greedy? He would have made a fortune that day.

Corky said:
squirtyflower said:

That the real reason why Andy Morrisson testimonial was cancelled? Or was it just the agent being greedy? He would have made a fortune that day.

Blackpool fans called Andy Morrisson "The Marine"

1_barry_conlon said:
Do you remember Micky Walsh's goal of the season, about 75ish...?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9K4pu_OZYY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9K4pu_OZYY</a><br /><br />-- Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:05 pm --<br /><br />
happy said:
There used to be bags of trouble at Bloomfield Road, I was at the game against Bolton when a lad got killed and the police kept everyone back in the ground, my mum went mental because it was on the news that a young lad had died and of course she presumed it was me.

A Blackpool fan was stabbed and later died. A plaque in his memory was recently unveiled at Bloomfield Road. You're right about the police keeping everyone in the ground. There was a photo on the front page of the Lancashire Telegraph at the time showing the entire Kop End 'under arrest'!

My girlfriend and her family are huge Blackpool fans and I have seen them about 10 times this season - Charlie Adam was bought from Rangers - a centre midfield and he is pretty special.
Burgess is a city fan but us really quite shit at football!

As for half a ground the new stand has been put up now so they have an attendance of around 13000 but the pitch is always crap

Jesus can you imagine going to the two stand stadium that is Gloomfield Road.

(last time I saw it, 18 months ago, it only had 2 stands I guess it still does)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.