Blatantly biased bbc

They are going to state the obvious and the obvious got stated.

I was in a different part of the ground from my regular season ticket seat in EL but lets be honest, the noise/singing etc was pitiful last night.

I have no time for the scornful types who point to empty seats considering the costs involved/number of games and our core local support of 30-40K and the financial status of most makes £40 tickets on a regular basis a difficult proposition. We simply do not have the number of 'out of towners' and more widespread fan base yet many perhaps with greater disposable income.

However, the ones in the ground can surely make collectively more noise/atmosphere?

I think the problem is exascerbated with cup games like this is due to the SSL having to relocate.

We should as has been said many times before, stick the away fans on level 3.

Last night was a really weird game. A semi final against Liverpool and yet somehow and probably wrongly, it just didn't feel that important. 1st legs can be non entities though.

Does anyone feel like they are in no mans land? stuck between wanting to prioritise the league and seeing the good side of less games but at the same time thinking these are missed opportunities we may regret if the season ends without a trophy?

pigeonho,i always thought your posts were pedantic.you have also proved to me what a utter knob you are,you sad little individual.

salford blue 62 said:
pigeonho,i always thought your posts were pedantic.you have also proved to me what a utter knob you are,you sad little individual.

Waste of time 'foeing' him as you can still read his shite in quotes.

Hansen squirming in his seat when the Johnson challenge 'had' to be debated as Mancini had brought it into his post match interview,even then he made minimal contribution,and,as soon as the opprotunity presented itself,he immediately changed the subject......

Not a good pundit as he is so biased.

Shearer brought some sense and impartiality into discussion.

Didnt listen to the studio pundits however I was getting a bit irritated by the commentary last night, some it was a little biased but generally they were pointing out the obvious and you cant argue with that.

To be fair, when they mentioned the empty seats they also raised the fact about the amount of home games in a small period of time and blamed it on that, so fair enough.

They complained about the lack of atmoshphere and not hearing Bluemoon sung once all night......is that a lie. I dont think so.

For me, I thought 8/10 for the commentary.

They were biased agianst us, if you ignore all of the positive things they said about us.

Shearer stuck up for us, as did Big Ears. Lawrenson was fair, and actually better to listen to than Ray Wilkins (i must say). Hansen is just a **** so he can't really be helped. At times, he accidentally does a belting Alan Partridge Sport's Presenter impression, so it's swings and roundabouts.

Lee Dixon may or may not have been there. I can never remember, but he's a City fan. Shearer called Andy Carroll - 'Andy Crap' and they all agreed that Johnson's tackle lunges towards the ground much more than Kompany's does.

They moaned about the stadium being emtpy, but they have every right to question our support given it was a Semi-Final. I was saying the same thing to my Dad in the kitchen at half time, so no complaints there.

Hansen had his obligatory moan about Balotelli, but i think he does that because Big Ears really likes him. All in all, they did a fair job, and there were no adverts, no Ray 'I must say' Wilkins and no Clive 'That magical night in Barcelona' Tyldesley.

ono said:
They were biased agianst us, if you ignore all of the positive things they said about us.

Shearer stuck up for us, as did Big Ears. Lawrenson was fair, and actually better to listen to than Ray Wilkins (i must say). Hansen is just a **** so he can't really be helped. At times, he accidentally does a belting Alan Partridge Sport's Presenter impression, so it's swings and roundabouts.

Lee Dixon may or may not have been there. I can never remember, but he's a City fan. Shearer called Andy Carroll - 'Andy Crap' and they all agreed that Johnson's tackle lunges towards the ground much more than Kompany's does.

They moaned about the stadium being emtpy, but they have every right to question our support given it was a Semi-Final. I was saying the same thing to my Dad in the kitchen at half time, so no complaints there.

Hansen had his obligatory moan about Balotelli, but i think he does that because Big Ears really likes him. All in all, they did a fair job, and there were no adverts, no Ray 'I must say' Wilkins and no Clive 'That magical night in Barcelona' Tyldesley.
Good point that as people do look by the positives people say and focus on the negatives, which is what I was saying in the piss funny Agenda thread. When you're back is up, you listen to negatives because you think everyone is against you, in all walks of life that is. We're analysed and talked about more than ever before because of obvious reasons, therefore people are only taking note of the negatives.
Hansen was too OTT re Balotelli though, bit of a personal attack that, completely uncalled for too. I wonder what he thought about Collymore when he played for the Scouse, and his off-pitch antics?

Pigeonho said:
ono said:

Good point that as people do look by the positives people say and focus on the negatives, which is what I was saying in the piss funny Agenda thread. When you're back is up, you listen to negatives because you think everyone is against you, in all walks of life that is. We're analysed and talked about more than ever before because of obvious reasons, therefore people are only taking note of the negatives.
Hansen was too OTT re Balotelli though, bit of a personal attack that, completely uncalled for too. I wonder what he thought about Collymore when he played for the Scouse, and his off-pitch antics?
He's just never liked him, and he can't keep it to himself. He was clearly injured. I think with Balotelli, people already have a pre-conceived idea which stems from before we even signed him, so his actions are interpreted in a way which supports their initial judgement of him.

So Hansen most probably thought Balotelli is a bit of a bottle-less waster, so he commented on that, rather than the fact that he was actually limping when he came off, and he'd just come back from injury. It's a shame, but Hansen is stubborn and a bit shit so he's a bit of a lost cause really. He's just as reactionary as Paul Merson, except Hansen is more composed and Scottish about it. And he can talk properly....ish.

I agree with the OP, the commentatry & punditry drove me mad at times, but I can see the point of other posters on here. I was gutted I couldnt go to the game, my lad is 9 weeks old so I couldnt get another pass out after the Liverpool (league) and the Rags cup game. I got to the tv after the pen once the boy had finally gone to sleep & I was glad it wasnt on ITV- I cant stand Adrian Chiles & the collection of crap punits they have.

The BBC crew did talk shit about us, I know we were shit at times, but I cant stand these idiots telling me that & making it sound worse. I had to double check the score at half time after Hansen practically said the game was over as a contest.

Lawro is a prat & he always has to mention every Mario rumour cos he thinks it makes him sound funny & he questioned whether Mario was injured or just not interested despite him limping off after coming back from a recent injury. He also tried to justify the Johnson tackle saying he beat the city man to the ball, the dodgy haired scouse favouring arse clown.

Hansen is the worst though. Diabolical. He is 1 dimentional in his punditry, always using the same phrases like 1 dimentional, diabolical etc. He always says teams need to play badly & win & his solution is alwys to put a Keane or Vieira in the midfield (I noticed he didnt say Gerrard). they also stirred the pot during the Gerrard interview so they could get the sound bite they wanted.

just piss poor overall. although I'm probably only saying this cos i dont like anyone talking shit about City, and I've not had a good night's sleep for 9 weeks. rant over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.