Block 136

Jack74 said:
peoffrey said:
I probably heard it three or four times over the course of the day but just turned a deaf ear. It's obviously distasteful but there's still context behind it when they milked the disaster for all they could. Nobody refers to Liverpool fans as "Hillsboroughs" or "Heysels", do they? Are Chelsea the "Helicopters" or "Hardings"? No.

No they don't ,cause they don't hate Chelsea or Liverpool like they hate them .

For what it's worth I fuckin despise them and will continue to do so ,and it doesn't matter how many trophies we win.

MCFC OK

I meant nobody as in all football fans and not just blues. Chelsea have an intense rivalry with QPR (as seen recently with the Terry / Ferdinand thing) or there's Liverpool v U****d or maybe Everton.

The Munich Air Disaster is what put U****d on the map and made them famous. 18 Zambian footballers were killed in 1993 in a crash yet it's never mentioned.

peoffrey said:
Jack74 said:
peoffrey said:
I probably heard it three or four times over the course of the day but just turned a deaf ear. It's obviously distasteful but there's still context behind it when they milked the disaster for all they could. Nobody refers to Liverpool fans as "Hillsboroughs" or "Heysels", do they? Are Chelsea the "Helicopters" or "Hardings"? No.

No they don't ,cause they don't hate Chelsea or Liverpool like they hate them .

For what it's worth I fuckin despise them and will continue to do so ,and it doesn't matter how many trophies we win.

MCFC OK

I meant nobody as in all football fans and not just blues. Chelsea have an intense rivalry with QPR (as seen recently with the Terry / Ferdinand thing) or there's Liverpool v U****d or maybe Everton.

The Munich Air Disaster is what put U****d on the map and made them famous. 18 Zambian footballers were killed in 1993 in a crash yet it's never mentioned.

United sing 2 Liverpool where your famous Munich song, ever since Hillsborough ?

the originalkippaxman said:
Loukas said:
32,000 City fans going down to Wembley, at least half of them pissed out their faces drinking all day and people are shocked that it kicked off a few times?

Never had a problem with people drinking to excess and sometimes can be funny. But when some start to ruin other peoples day who have paid good money as well, then basically they are a ****. For me Football and drinking come hand in hand but no need to get so fucking wasted that you can not hardly remember the day. As for the bloke and his son kicking off well those seats should be reported to City and they should be banned. There is no reasonable excuse to be acting cunts in front of Children because they cant handle their beer.
Been watching City for many years rules are simple.

1) Get to and watch the game
2) Have a good drink in the process
3) Enjoy the day and get home in 1 piece

I agree with you, but we do just have a load of nob 'eds supporting us.<br /><br />-- Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:12 am --<br /><br />
BlueKingEll said:
It's also acceptable for them to give their money for coach travel to someone who was suspended for calling a steward a Munich!!! Didn't see what happened but it's not good when kids are caught in the middle of it

Is calling someone 'a munich' really any more offensive than calling someone a rag? Don't get it to be honest.

If I started singing songs about runways and ice and a stripper called violet then, yeah, I can see that being offensive. But calling someone 'a munich' is just like calling them a united fan or a rag? It's not directly mocking a dead person, it's callings someone a name that refers them to being a u****d fan.

And besides, this is the club that refers to us as 'Foe C**ts' and Liverpool as Murderers. When they start showing some class I'm sure other people will show class back.

Loukas said:
Loukas said:
32,000 City fans going down to Wembley, at least half of them pissed out their faces drinking all day and people are shocked that it kicked off a few times?

Never had a problem with people drinking to excess and sometimes can be funny. But when some start to ruin other peoples day who have paid good money as well, then basically they are a ****. For me Football and drinking come hand in hand but no need to get so fucking wasted that you can not hardly remember the day. As for the bloke and his son kicking off well those seats should be reported to City and they should be banned. There is no reasonable excuse to be acting cunts in front of Children because they cant handle their beer.

I agree with you, but we do just have a load of nob 'eds supporting us.

-- Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:12 am --

BlueKingEll said:
It's also acceptable for them to give their money for coach travel to someone who was suspended for calling a steward a Munich!!! Didn't see what happened but it's not good when kids are caught in the middle of it

Is calling someone 'a munich' really any more offensive than calling someone a rag? Don't get it to be honest.

If I started singing songs about runways and ice and a stripper called violet then, yeah, I can see that being offensive. But calling someone 'a munich' is just like calling them a united fan or a rag? It's not directly mocking a dead person, it's callings someone a name that refers them to being a u****d fan.

And besides, this is the club that refers to us as 'Foe C**ts' and Liverpool as Murderers. When they start showing some class I'm sure other people will show class back.
I can sympathise with that argument. To me, calling someone a ''Munich'' isn't mocking the dead; it's more mocking the type of fan who suddenly latched themselves on to the club after the disaster out of sympathy. ''Followers'' who didn't have any real geographic or family attachment to the club. However, there is no doubt that there are some supporters of various clubs up and down the country who will use the word in an offensive way, which is sick. And because of that, you just can't really get away with using it now.

the most bizarre thing about this whole incident is the fact that 2 people would waste their time during a cup final telling others to stop saying Munich. Its not a nice thing to say but I wouldn't want any confrontation of any sort spoiling a final at Wembley. live and let live

jimharri said:
Loukas said:

I agree with you, but we do just have a load of nob 'eds supporting us.

-- Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:12 am --

BlueKingEll said:

I can sympathise with that argument. To me, calling someone a ''Munich'' isn't mocking the dead; it's more mocking the type of fan who suddenly latched themselves on to the club after the disaster out of sympathy. ''Followers'' who didn't have any real geographic or family attachment to the club. However, there is no doubt that there are some supporters of various clubs up and down the country who will use the word in an offensive way, which is sick. And because of that, you just can't really get away with using it now.
Agreed
Singing the runway song, out of order

Calling the cunts a name, different kettle of fish in my book

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.