Blood pressure

Try keto diet , the diabetic association endorse it , better to sort it out in the pre phase, you need to get your head around eating fat and not many carbs but it is safe and easy after the first week or so. Keto bars from amazon for convience for lunch
Cheers, I’ve looked at the Keto diet but I’m a tight twat and you have to pay . Like the sound of those bars . Cheers

62, BP at 114/59 day before yesterday, has been similar for the past 5 years. Eat well, possible too well, dont drink much at all, 3 pints at the pub quiz every 2 weeks, stopped smoking 4 years ago, on vapes......walk dogs for an hour a day, average physical work and borderline diabetes. On Statins...... Phone call from docs to assess bloods etc on thursday....Love going to the Drs, I can rest my arm out and she casually places her left boob in my hand whilst giving me a jab, it's almost unbearable. Happy days.
...and the results are just in, sugar up by 1 pt, cholesterol down by 1.3pts, everything else fine and dandy....plus a flu jab as a bonus, happy days.

I've just recently had a few really high blood pressure readings - basically saying I was in hypertension crisis. I'm not overweight, exercise a lot and eat fairly healthily but I do drink too much. I didn't have any symptoms, but seemingly was walking around with veins and arteries pressurised like pipes on a nuclear sub.

Locum quack put me on medication, but the doctor I saw for the follow up reckons it could be white coat syndrome - so has organised a 24hr monitor in the new year, to see if it is genuinely high or not. Worth asking for this if you haven't been offered it; quite a few things can affect your readings for a one off, so using the monitor can give a more accurate indication. No point being stuck on meds for life if you don't need to be!

I've just recently had a few really high blood pressure readings - basically saying I was in hypertension crisis. I'm not overweight, exercise a lot and eat fairly healthily but I do drink too much. I didn't have any symptoms, but seemingly was walking around with veins and arteries pressurised like pipes on a nuclear sub.

Locum quack put me on medication, but the doctor I saw for the follow up reckons it could be white coat syndrome - so has organised a 24hr monitor in the new year, to see if it is genuinely high or not. Worth asking for this if you haven't been offered it; quite a few things can affect your readings for a one off, so using the monitor can give a more accurate indication. No point being stuck on meds for life if you don't need to be!
I’m monitoring currently and to be honest, whilst it’s lower than it was when I went to the quacks, it’s still too high and I think I’m heading for the tabs looking at the readings. Glad I went for the check up to be honest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.