Bloody Hell, We Look Strong

how negative a team do you want us to be?
Please don't by any more players who classify themselves as "Defensive Midfielders"
as a cover for "Cant pass for shit and too positionally naive to push up without getting caught out"
We can probably afford to have one such individual in the team, playing two is just stupid

supercity88 said:
Michael Johnson looks like he has lost a lot of that weight, and from the interviews he seems like his mentality is perfect again and he is really working hard to be ready for the next season. Although we only saw a few glimpses of his class, I really think if he stays fit he could be a class act. His composure on the ball, his vision, passing range and his box-to-box style and ability to tackle mean he can make it at City I think. He glides along the pitch as well, his goals v derby and aston villa a couple seasons ago were amazing, so fingers crossed we get him back!
too little too late i reckon,i don't think sentiment will stop us making a couple of big signings that will push MJ even further out of the picture

Oasis_City said:
Boateng and Luiz are centre backs.

No they are like Richards and Onuha if you like, they can play either full backk or centre back.

Both are good at getting forward aswell, as being good in the air, and good at reading the game.

boatang is a massive liability at fullback, he cant track tricky wingers very well and gives away penalties/ fouls often. I would prefer him at center back and push Kolo out wide

Michael Johnson showed when he came back for those few games that he hasn't lost any of the talent, the guy will be an absolute star if we can get him back to full fitness. The time and space he creates for himself off the ball is amazing, he makes football look easy.

fatbloke said:
Michael Johnson showed when he came back for those few games that he hasn't lost any of the talent, the guy will be an absolute star if we can get him back to full fitness. The time and space he creates for himself off the ball is amazing, he makes football look easy.
This

If you think you 'won't see him again' you must suffer from blindness.

Somud said:
dctid said:
Noooooooooo - not another season with a DJ / Barry combo - too negative one will be droped my guess (and wish) would be DJ we can then accomodate a Milner / Yaya Toure type person

HELLL NO!!!!

We need a 3-man midfield which can dominate the middle of the park. Either a 4-3-3 style or a 4-3-1-2 style with the one in the hole being a winger drifting from flank to flank or a playmaker.

So one in the engine room and two box-to-box players as our mid-3.

No we need two new fullbacks that can defend and a midfield that is creative and contributes goals - our goals tally from our midfield players is increadibly poor. You dont dominate the midfield by playing 3 against teams that in the main will play 4 in midfield.

Mancini looks like he is going 4 4 2 as we seem to be looking to buy a target man to partner Tevez. People need to get over DJ - quality players yes he is but his contribution to the team is as one that breaks up play and passes to those that are more creative - that great if you have a midfield like Barca with players that can makr up for DJ shortcomings - we dont - Barry every time - he is english a first choice England players and the role he plays for England is what i would like to see him play for City - a Milner next to him would be good that fooker can run up and down is creative and hard as fookin nails - or Yaya - fuck anyone that can make a pass

Invisible_Goat said:
Oasis_City said:
Boateng and Luiz are centre backs.

No they are like Richards and Onuha if you like, they can play either full backk or centre back.

Both are good at getting forward aswell, as being good in the air, and good at reading the game.

But Richards cant play CB, and is poor at reading the game.

dctid said:
Somud said:
HELLL NO!!!!

We need a 3-man midfield which can dominate the middle of the park. Either a 4-3-3 style or a 4-3-1-2 style with the one in the hole being a winger drifting from flank to flank or a playmaker.

So one in the engine room and two box-to-box players as our mid-3.

No we need two new fullbacks that can defend and a midfield that is creative and contributes goals - our goals tally from our midfield players is increadibly poor. You dont dominate the midfield by playing 3 against teams that in the main will play 4 in midfield.

Mancini looks like he is going 4 4 2 as we seem to be looking to buy a target man to partner Tevez. People need to get over DJ - quality players yes he is but his contribution to the team is as one that breaks up play and passes to those that are more creative - that great if you have a midfield like Barca with players that can makr up for DJ shortcomings - we dont - Barry every time - he is english a first choice England players and the role he plays for England is what i would like to see him play for City - a Milner next to him would be good that fooker can run up and down is creative and hard as fookin nails - or Yaya - fuck anyone that can make a pass

You don't dominate a game with only 2 players in the middle in a limp 4-4-2 formation with wingers. We need to play 3 men in the middle and that's what Mancini will be doing. Prepare for something like this, whether you hate it or not:

.......DJ
Yaya......Milner
................Johnson
....Tevez..Dzeko

why are people so quick to say jonno is finished dont you want a local lad with great talent

youd rather have some over paid foreigner or jonno someone who is just as good if not better on his day also hes local which is something most manchester city fans want

id rather see him in the team then milner yaya or gago any day

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.