Bloody Sunday: Soldier F faces murder charges

We have had to deal with the 1441 service personnel being murdered and the perpetrators being allowed to walk free under the GFA now these guys should be left alone.
No good will come of all this

It’s our modern morally sound legal system that represents us all, if you’re a British soldier doing bad they will get you, if you’re a murdering terrorist then while we condone best look the other way old bean, we don’t want anymore trouble. If you’re isis then well here you go have some legal aid on us.

I’m very proud, justice for all.

We have had to deal with the 1441 service personnel being murdered and the perpetrators being allowed to walk free under the GFA now these guys should be left alone.
No good will come of all this

Those who "walked free" were caught, tried, prosecuted and locked up...they have since been released on licence. They have faced justice.

These soldiers havent.

Do i think that those "others" who committed murder, and other serious crimes, during the troubles should be prosecuted? Of course i do. And if you feel that strongly about it, start a campaign...just like the poor families of those innocent children did.

Whether the atrocities committed by both sides should have been swept under the carpet as part of the agreement, is an argument, but as it seems we are prosecuting this bloke, then there isn't really any way to condone his actions.

I think that if our military is to be held in high esteem, then the standards must be set by us, not by comparisons to the standards of terrorists.

Therefore, imo, this & any similar acts, should be punished, because we find it unacceptable, not as part of tit for tat prosecutions.

Not because we support terrorism & want justice for them, quite the opposite, because we want to show the world that we are above those kind of people, we want justice for the general public, & we expect better conduct from our forces, than that of the army of a tinpot dictator or a bunch of gangsters.

Those who "walked free" were caught, tried, prosecuted and locked up...they have since been released on licence. They have faced justice.

These soldiers havent.

Do i think that those "others" who committed murder, and other serious crimes, during the troubles should be prosecuted? Of course i do. And if you feel that strongly about it, start a campaign...just like the poor families of those innocent children did.

So you need to start a campaign to get justice, got ya

And by justice we now mean lock em up then let em out.

I am now at ease.

Whether the atrocities committed by both sides should have been swept under the carpet as part of the agreement, is an argument, but as it seems we are prosecuting this bloke, then there isn't really any way to condone his actions.

I think that if our military is to be held in high esteem, then the standards must be set by us, not by comparisons to the standards of terrorists.

Therefore, imo, this & any similar acts, should be punished, because we find it unacceptable, not as part of tit for tat prosecutions.

Not because we support terrorism & want justice for them, quite the opposite, because we want to show the world that we are above those kind of people, we want justice for the general public, & we expect better conduct from our forces, than that of the army of a tinpot dictator or a bunch of gangsters.

That is some crock of shit I’m afraid fella.

So you need to start a campaign to get justice, got ya

And by justice we now mean lock em up then let em out.

I am now at ease.

Yep, isnt it disgusting that thats what it takes for the government to listen?

And by let em out, we as a country voted overwhelmingly, by referendum that we were prepared to let those prosecuted people out on licence in order to ensure peace after 30 years of murder and violence. Those let out on licence were fighting for the "Irish Cause" as well for the British Crown.

not quite sure what level of reality we're operating on when we're encouraging turning a blind eye to the crimes of our armed forces.

If you read back through the thread you will see that I agree that the security forces should be whiter than white but, in the early days the soldiers were sent in with very little training and put in situations they were not prepared for. You need to understand the state of mind some of these lads were in, seen mates shot or blown up then put on the streets and expected to be ‘normal’ this is the reason things should be left alone. You just can’t put yourself in that situation, days on end with very little sleep, being constantly on edge and jumping at every little sound. The terrorist was happily killing security forces families in Ireland, England and the continent, just think how this would affect some of the soldiers.Later on we had plenty of training and strict guidelines to adhere to and rightly so. many of us still suffer severe PTSD from time in the province luckily I’m not one of them and all this just brings it all back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.