Bloody Sunday: Soldier F faces murder charges

Not a different argument it’s all entwined and political

It shouldn't be.

The conduct of our armed forces should have nothing to do with politics nor should the prosecution or not of terrorists have any baring on it.

Anyone who murders people should be done there & then, not be a case for argument after they have retired.

It should go higher, there is no doubt.
Let's see the evidence. Maybe it will.

It may go higher I doubt it though, it may go wider to include all crimes, I doubt it though. If he is found guilty a man will go to prison, families will get some closure and other scumbags will enjoy their freedom and other families will still suffer.

All very honest decent and fair.

It shouldn't be.

The conduct of our armed forces should have nothing to do with politics nor should the prosecution or not of terrorists have any baring on it.

Anyone who murders people should be done there & then, not be a case for argument after they have retired.

Have you ever considered mitigating circumstances? especially in regards to such an individual#s state of mind?

Unless you have ever served in a war zone,or under conditions where every minute of the day your life is at risk.....then i don't believe you can identify or empathize with these soldiers.You may well be spot on,they really weren't fit to serve......

It shouldn't be.

I agree with you. All murderers including terrorists should be prosecuted.

It may go higher I doubt it though, it may go wider to include all crimes, I doubt it though. If he is found guilty a man will go to prison, families will get some closure and other scumbags will enjoy their freedom and other families will still suffer.

Again you are making the case for 'fairness' & 'families' on each side, rather than our armed forces being accountable to our rules.

The main thing wrong, is it should have happened years ago, then it wouldn't even be part of this argument.

Have you ever considered mitigating circumstances? especially in regards to such an individual#s state of mind?

Unless you have ever served in a war zone,or under conditions where every minute of the day your life is at risk.....then i don't believe you can identify or empathize with these soldiers.You may well be spot on,they really weren't fit to serve......

That would come into play after the verdict, not before.

I'm probably largely in agreement with you regarding the outcome and also that, I don't think there is much closure either way for these families or those of other innocent victims.
Haven't a clue what the answer is other than this was always going to take three generations of peace, it was assumed, to normalise NI completely.
I do feel that whether this is regarded as a show case or not, the importance of the crown being brought to court is very significant. have they ever been through all the troubles.

As regard this one soldier. I don't know the full evidence only what I read in the Saville report.
I'll wait and see and try to judge the outcome objectively.

Again you are making the case for 'fairness' & 'families' on each side, rather than our armed forces being accountable to our rules.

The main thing wrong, is it should have happened years ago, then it wouldn't even be part of this argument.

All humans are accountable not just the armed forces. If you wish to prioritise a soldier that’s your business.

This is very relevant plus the fact they were shock troops trained to fight, not police! Yes it was wrong to fire into the crowd but ffs put yourself in that situation! Those who say it was peaceful and the crowd were unarmed need to think again. If you are attacked by someone with a rock, a bottle or a brick was you r attacker unarmed?
Once again it’s the people who place these guys in there that should be held accountable.
See how you would react with very little sleep, constant abuse and being attacked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.